has been manufacturing high quality cooling products since 2001, specializing in products designed to effectively cool your components while decreasing the noise level of your personal computer.
The Arctic Cooling Silencer line-up has been recognized as a leader in video card cooling for years, and their latest offering, the Accelero series, may be even better. Currently there are two coolers in this line-up, the X1 and X2, with more versions slated to be released in June 2006. The X1 is designed for nVidia 6800, 7800 (PCIe) and 7900GTX cards, while the X2 supports ATI X1800 and X1900 cards. Let's take a look at the X1 and see how it compares to the NV Silencer 5 and the standard eVGA 7800GT cooler.
Specifications (taken from the Arctic Cooling website):
» NVIDIA 6800 series
» NVIDIA 7800 series (just PCIe)
» NVIDIA 7900 GTX
» not compatible with most 7900 GT boards
- A large fan and optimized fanblades offer a minimum noise level at a high air flow.
Fully SLI and BTX compatible
- The Accelero X1 is SLI compatible with all mainboards and offers in such a configuration exactly the same performance. In contrast to our NV Silencers, the Accelero is 100% BTX compatible, thus a DHES is not possible/necessary anymore. The hot air is removed by the BTX airflow.
Voltage Converter Cooling
- Some air is blown out from the air guide window towards the voltage converters on the VGA board.
Patented Vibration Absorption
- The motor holder consists of a rubber part at the centre to act as a vibration damper. It can help absorb the vibration of the running fan and prevent vibration transfer to the heatsink and the case.
Long Lifetime / 6 Years Warranty
- The Fluid Dynamic Bearing offers a unique 400'000 h MTTF at 40°C. Therefore we grant a unique 6 years warranty.
As you can see, the Accelero X1 is packaged in a plastic snap-pack. This is very common packaging for coolers and the Arctic Cooling
's NV Silencer 5 was packaged in a similar manner. The front of the package only gives you enough information to know which video cards this cooler will fit on. While the back of the packaging will give you enough information to know what this cooler is capable of.