Vantec has been around for over 10 years; most would be familiar with their extensive line of cooling products, but they have much more than that in their stable. A quick browse of their site will reveal a multitude of peripherals, PSUs, accessories and storage solutions. In this case we have the AVOX Jukebox Model AVX-100TX that is touted as a storage device, but also as a portable audio/video player.
The specifications below are taken directly from the Vantec USA website.
• Power: DC 5V/2A
• Weight: 160g (without HDD)
• Dimensions: 80 x 148 x 24 mm
• Working Temperature: 0 C~50 C
• Working Humidity: 10%~75%
• Available OS: Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP, MAC 9.0 higher, Linux 2.4 higher
• PC Interface: 480Mbps USB 2.0 High-Speed (USB 1.1 compatible)
• HDD Type: 2.5" IDE HDD
• HDD File System: FAT32, NTFS
• TV Type: PAL, NTSC
• Supported Formats:
• Movie: MPEG 1, 2, 4 (MPG, MPEG,AVI, M2V, DAT, VOB, IFO etc), DivX, XviD (except GMC, Qpel option applied)
• Music: MP3, OGG Vorbis, WMA
• Photo: JPG(JPEG)
• Video Output:
• COMPONENT Y, Pb, Pr (480p, 720p, 1080i Progressive Scan)
• Audio Output:
• STEREO L-R
• DIGITAL COAXIAL (DTS Pass-Through Only)
• External IR: Support (Optional)
• Digital Multimedia Player via Home TV or Car TV
• USB 2.0 External Storage via PC(NTFS, FAT32)
• Audio - Stereo, Digital Coaxial 5.1ch. Sound
• Video - Composite, HD Component 480p, 720p, 1080i
• DVD Manager - Playback of DVD File same as Original DVD Title
• Easy Firmware Upgrade.
The Vantec AVOX is sold in the descriptive packaging shown below. You get a good look at the device, as well as a listing of key features and specifications.