|Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 VGA Cooler
Fatal1ty is one of the top computer gamers, having won the CPL Championship five (5) times since 1999, which happens to also be the same year that Zalman was founded.
Zalman is known for manufacturing top quality computer components, including cooling products, power supplies, fan controllers, and audio components. Taking their respective history into account, we can expect the new Fatal1ty coolers from Zalman to be top performers. Recently I took a look at the Fatal1ty FS-C77 CPU cooler, now let's take a look at the matching VGA cooler, the FS-V7, and see whether it performs as well as the CPU cooler!
Specifications (taken from the Zalman USA website):
1. Pure copper heatsink with ultra large surface area for maximum cooling performance.
2. 80mm fan (with red LEDs) installed in the heatsink (FHS) cools not only the VGA chipset and VGA RAM, but all other VGA components as well.
3. Quiet Mode(5V) and Performance Mode(12V) selection provided to accommodate the user's environment and preference.
• Dimensions: 91(L) x 126.4(W) x 30(H)mm
• Weight: 270g
• Base Material: Pure Copper
• Bearing Type: 2 Ball-Bearing Sets
• 2,050 rpm +/- 10% (Quiet Mode)
• 3,500 rpm +/- 10% (Performance Mode)
• Noise Level:
• 23.7 dB +/- 10% (Quiet Mode)
• 36dB +/- 10% (Performance Mode)
The Fatal1ty FS-V7 VGA Cooler is packed the same as the Fatal1ty FS-C77 CPU cooler. There is a heavy-duty cardboard box, designed for retail shelving. The front of the box gives you a good view of the CPU cooler, while the back provides much more detail on exactly what the cooler is capable of. There is also a little background on just who Fatal1ty is.
Opening the box, you find the cooler is also packaged in another heavy-duty package, this time it's in a plastic snap pack. This packaging would be more than sufficient for a retail setting. Turning the snap pack over, you can see the accessories are separated from the cooler.