|Enermax Liberty 500W Modular Power Supply
The Enermax brand name has been well known to computer enthusiasts for years thanks to their innovative computer cases and high quality power supplies. The new Liberty series of power supplies incorporates many traditional (and some newer) features of Enermax units with the latest trend, modular cabling. Modular power supplies first became popular in 2004, and although Enermax can't claim to be a pioneer in the field, you can count on their effort being worth consideration, even if the market is a bit more crowded at this point.
Enermax Liberty series modular power supplies are available in three models, with power ratings of 400W, 500W, and 620W. Cooler Giant, a distributor and US based subsidiary of Enermax, has provided the 500W unit (model ELT500AWT) to be evaluated in this review.
Before diving into the specifics of the power supply provided, let's take a look at some published data summarized from the Cooler Giant website.
• Power: 500W (support both 20pins and 24pins DUAL CPU motherboards)
• Efficiency: 80%
• Active PFC: Yes
• Input Voltage: 90V~265V (Auto Adjusted)
• Input Frequency Range: 47Hz~63Hz
• Input Current: 40A/115V and 80A/230V max. during cold start
• Hold up time: 17ms at 115VAC or 230VAC, full load
• Over Voltage Protection: +5V: 5.5V~7.0V; +3.3V:3.76V~4.3V; +12V & +12V2: 13.4V~15.6V
• Over Load Protection: 110~160% of max load
• Over current Protection: +3.3V : 55A (max); +5V: 48A (max); +12V1 & +12V2: 20A (max)
• Over Temperature Protection: Operating Ambient 10ºC~40ºC, Storage Ambient -40ºC~70ºC
• Operating: to 85% relative humidity, non condensing at 25ºC
• Storage: to 95% relative humidity, non condensing at 50ºC
• MTBF: Greater than 100K hours at 70% of full rated load; 230VAC / 50Hz input; 25ºC ambient
• EMC: EN55022 Class B, EN61000-4-2 Class B, EN61000-4-3 Class A, EN61000-4-4 Class B, EN61000-4-5 Class B, EN61000-4-6 Class A, EN61000-4-8 Class A, EN61000-4-11 Class B, FCC Part 15 & Part 2, CNS 13438 Class B
• Safety: Approval UL, cUL, TÜV, CB
• Dimension: W150 x H86 x D140 (mm)
• ATX12V Ver 2.2 - Full compliance with the highest standard to desktop power supply design requirements recommended by Intel. Split 12V rails provide most stable current to CPU, GPU , MB and drives.
• ATX/ BTX/CEB/EEB - Convertible design to power ATX/BTX system and support Dual CPU entry-level server/workstation.
• Silent 120mm fan - Special design 12cm fan combines silence and cooling by intelligent speed control.
• Modular Cables - Smart modular cable management to optimize maximum air flow.
• Eternity Connectors - Unique 4-pin Molex + SATA connectors in pairs give you free choice on using either PATA or SATA devices.
• PCI Express x 2 - Support Dual Graphic card setup (Sli or Crossfire)
• High Efficiency (80%) - High efficiency is achieve by using using high quality components and the skills of our designer to maximizes your power supply output and minimize wasted power. Efficiency is the measure of how much of the 100% power going in to the PSU is being used up and the unused power dissipate into heat through the heatsink. Lower efficiency means that more power is being wasted and also the PSU will generate more heat.
• Maximum Shielding - Toughest EMI shielding protects your system and near-by appliances.
• Protection - Enermax has one of the highest protection standard on the market today, due to our advance design we offer the following type of protections:
• OCP -Over Current Protection
• UCP -Under Current Protection
• OVP - Over Voltage Protection
• OLP -Over Load Protection
• OTP - Over Temperature Protection
• SCP - Short Circuits Protection