Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Apple iPod Nano 2GB MP3 Player
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 05:25:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like how you say I contradicted myself but don't provide any examples nor defend yourself having misinformed your readers of the glaring omissions you have made. You told the readers of this website that the Ipod Nano is "married" to the Itunes software. The fact is-- it is not. That's a major balls up. You should correct your article because you don't have any integrity until you do. I am not seeking a 40,000 page review, just a factual and correct one.

So what is the point of this forum if it is not to discuss your review? In fact that is what this website allows. You can't accept any criticism obviously. It said at the end of your review
Code:
Please drop by the Bigbruin.com Forum and feel free to discuss this review
So one must only post positive comments to boost your ego? Sorry bud, I am not going to be silent because you can't accept that you got your review wrong and gave a poor misinformed review of the Ipod Nano. I think you have made glaring omissions and I have pointed them out with proof. If you don't like me doing that then tough luck. Again you think because I don't agree with your article therefore I must have some ulterior motive. Quite mistaken buddy.. I just don't think you gave the Ipod Nano proper justice and a fair review that it should have received.

I will let the readers decide whether your article presented a faithful review of the Ipod Nano and your reaction to being pulled up about it and your various omissions .
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:57:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Towle I think your comments are off base. When you are given an item to review the review is meant to be of that item and how it was intended to be used. Not on third party software and accessories for the given item. I found the review informative and your attitude that of someone just looking to stir up some controversy.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:58:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Towle, what is your point? It is just to make yourself feel better? Honestly, I'm not the one with the ego issues.

I gave my honest evaluation of the product. I did not do a review on accessories, or 3rd party software. I did it on the Nano. Plain as that. All of my statements are 100% correct. Your "Yamipod" software is nothing but a freeware beta software that comes from an untrusted source. Therefore, will never be installed on any PC I own. Personally I don't like backdoors, spyware, and other malware that comes too often with this type of software.

If you are so sparky about it, feel free to write it up and submit it. If you can actually write semi-intelligent, make honest conclusions, and have some real world experiences to back up your conclusions we might just publish the article.

Also feel free to "discuss" the review, however most intelligent people I have met tend not to try and attack something they may not agree upon as you have done from the start. There is an old saying... "You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar".

So with that being all said... feel free to submit your views in a review format, and if it cuts the mustard I'm sure we'll happily post it. If not, please use google.com to go find yourself another happy corner of the Internet.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:24:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I looked at around, and some of the sites I speak with also have Nano reviews. Maybe some of these would be more 'complete'... or maybe not:

xyzcomputing.com

thetechzone.com

bjorn3d.com

thetechlounge.com
Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:34:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

[quote="Dr. EvilCheeze"]Towle, what is your point? It is just to make yourself feel better? Honestly, I'm not the one with the ego issues.

Quote:
I gave my honest evaluation of the product. I did not do a review on accessories, or 3rd party software. I did it on the Nano. Plain as that. All of my statements are 100% correct. Your "Yamipod" software is nothing but a freeware beta software that comes from an untrusted source. Therefore, will never be installed on any PC I own. Personally I don't like backdoors, spyware, and other malware that comes too often with this type of software.

You reviewed the Ipod Nano and the software that came with it but made erroneous statements that this is the "ONLY" software that can be used with it. You just don't get it and refuse to admit your wrongs. It might be "honest" but it is still incomplete and flawed.

Are you insinuating that "YamiPod" has some sort of malware or spyware or are you just generalising? You haven't even reviewed the software so how would you know? Unless it is a fact you shouldn't go pointing fingers. You are just digging a deeper hole for yourself. I am sure the developers of Yamipod would like to know what you think of their program they are developing. If you knew anything about software development , which by the sound of it you don't, then you would know that all software starts out as a beta at some stage , otherwise how can any bugs be ironed out? It's up to us users out there to support "beta" software and help the community. Something that you refuse to do by your own statement and ignorance you have demonstrated.

Quote:
If you are so sparky about it, feel free to write it up and submit it. If you can actually write semi-intelligent, make honest conclusions, and have some real world experiences to back up your conclusions we might just publish the article.

I have given your readers the link to the YamiPod website. They can be free to download this "beta" software (new release just out) and test it for themselves.

Quote:
Also feel free to "discuss" the review, however most intelligent people I have met tend not to try and attack something they may not agree upon as you have done from the start. There is an old saying... "You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar".

I am not attacking, I am pointing our your article is flawed. I am providing evidence refuting your statements. Haven't you ever seen a debate before? There is difference, you just can't see it as you are blinded by your own estimate of your self worth. If only positive comments are allowed on "Big Bruin" then I would have to say this website does not provide a balanced viewpoint for their readers and would lack any integrity in disallowing their readers to express their points of view and opinions.

Quote:
So with that being all said... feel free to submit your views in a review format, and if it cuts the mustard I'm sure we'll happily post it. If not, please use google.com to go find yourself another happy corner of the Internet.

So you can't debate your review except to say it is 100% correct so you want me to go away? I don't think so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: