Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Apple iPod Nano 2GB MP3 Player
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:10:52    Post Subject: Apple iPod Nano 2GB MP3 Player Reply with quote View Single Post

The Nano is the best designed MP3 player I have ever seen or used. While they made it look all slick and shiny, it has to lose some points because it's so easily scratched. I would like to see Apple come out with a more "hardened" version that is meant to take the abuse that a flashed based MP3 player should expect to take. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 09 May 2006 10:58:43; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 08 May 2006 17:26:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Must use iTunes to interface with Itunes ??

Sir maybe you need to do your research a bit better

Smile

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/yamipod.html

YamiPod allows you to manage the content of your iPod without the need to have iTunes installed. You can copy mp3 and AAC files to/from your iPod, import and export playlists, search for songs, remove duplicates, create and edit notes and much more. The program runs completely standalone and can be copied directly to your iPod and run from there. Other features include a built-in music player, lyrics support, iPod information display (owner, serial used space etc.), adding and editing of notes and more.

Yes it works with the 4gb Ipod Nano as I just tried it myself
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:03:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know there are various ways to put things onto an iPod without iTunes, but how well it does it is a different story.

As for "YamiPod"... I don't know if a third party, beta, freeware app is the best bet for anything. But, I can't say for sure on this as I have never used an iPod! Laughing
Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 09 May 2006 16:42:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
I know there are various ways to put things onto an iPod without iTunes, but how well it does it is a different story.

As for "YamiPod"... I don't know if a third party, beta, freeware app is the best bet for anything. But, I can't say for sure on this as I have never used an iPod! Laughing

Your review is incorrect and doesn't present the facts in a true light

you can't say things like

Quote:
They aren't "born to be together" they are handcuffed to each other. In case you haven't noticed, I am not very thrilled with this "marriage". Unfortunately, it ties your iPod to iTunes and to Apple for all your music needs.
and

Quote:
Must use iTunes to interface with

When in fact that is not true and there is other software that one can use their Ipod Nano with besides Itunes. I think the review should be corrected for journalistic integrity.

Quote:
I know there are various ways to put things onto an iPod without iTunes

So if you knew that, why didn't you point that out in your review? I find this statement remarkable by this omission.

Your Review also fails to mention that there are numerous aftermarket protective cases for the Ipod Nano , yet marks it down for being "easily scratched"

Check these cases out http://www.streetwise.com.au/index.php?cPath=143_155_191

Your review also fails to highlight that there are scores of aftermarket accessories for the Ipod Nano

Check these accessories out

http://www.eforcity.com/ipodnano.html

Nor does it mention you can instal your Ipod Nano in your car, which is what I am doing right now. Now that is what I call versatile. Smile

You should have stated as you knew there was other software to use with the Ipod Nano, what that software was so as to give a balanced viewpoint and not the one-eyed review that came out.

I am giving my Ipod Nano 4gb 5 out of 5 rating.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:41:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bah. I got a Nokia NGage QD. With Symbian on it, I've loaded several apps and added a 1g MMC card. I now can use my bluetooth headset (Motorola HS830 w/ motorcycle helmet headset) to listen to MP3s. Makes the mini look short on features.
Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:28:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Kilamon wrote:
Bah. I got a Nokia NGage QD. With Symbian on it, I've loaded several apps and added a 1g MMC card. I now can use my bluetooth headset (Motorola HS830 w/ motorcycle helmet headset) to listen to MP3s. Makes the mini look short on features.

Yes but lucky you have a lug it around inside your helmet on your motorcycle.. that's one big beast !! It would be inconvenient taking it the fitness club if you were exercising. The Ipod Nano does what does the best, that's because it is a purely an mp3 player. It's not a phone so you really can't compare the two , it's like Apples and Oranges.

Also the sound isn't even stereo that comes from the QD.

http://www.mobiledia.com/reviews/nokia/n-gage-qd/page2.html

Quote:
But the QD doesn't support stereo audio output
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:47:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nah, it has a lanyard so I can take out the modular bluetooth unit and put it on the lanyard for use off-bike. The bluetooth piece is also compatible with some other accessories like a car kit.

If the nano came with bluetooth, then it would be the clear winner as an mp3 player, but without it, it's just a small mp3 player.

With arguably more devices being produced than one could keep up with, having a single, interconnected protocol that all devices can use is necessary. Having cords looped around your desk, through your shirt or wherever is inconvenient. By converging your devices to perfom multiple functions, such as PIM, MP3, and communications, you can lighten your load and increase productivity and by adding bluetooth, when your device is in range to your computer, the device can automatically synchronize.

While my N-Gage may not have the superior audio fidelity of a dedicated device, I can't hear the difference at 60 mph inside a helmet, but when I need a phone to call 911 I have it right there at a single touch without fiddling to change devices.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 May 2006 17:55:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Towle wrote:
Quote:

So if you knew that, why didn't you point that out in your review? I find this statement remarkable by this omission.

Not particularly remarkable at all, especially if you had quoted the whole sentence...

I did not write the review. If the author cares to comment, he can.
Towle
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 12 May 2006 04:09:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Towle wrote:
Quote:

Not particularly remarkable at all, especially if you had quoted the whole sentence...

I did not write the review. If the author cares to comment, he can.

Yes but this review is not about 3rd party software for an Ipod Nano , then I would have to incude the whole sentence. That would be an excellent article for this reviewer to append to this article should he wish to cover this. The review is specific to the Ipod Nano 2gb , a glaring omission has been made by the reviewer.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:16:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry... I just got to this (been busy).

I'm really not going to get into an argument over this, as it's petty. Nor am I going to say that I covered every possible base of every possible thing that you can use or do with an iPod. After all, no one would read a 40,000 page review.

Also, you are here to prove some point, maybe you have something to do with that software? Let's face it, if you were honest in trying to correct something you think is wrong, you would have tried to contact me directly instead of posting this stuff. As you have contradicted your self many times here.

So, with all that said... I can say I'm pretty much done with talking about your view of this. If you don't like my review, I'm sorry. The Internet is a big place, have at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: