|Zalman ZM-STG1 Super Thermal Grease
Thermal paste is one the key components to keeping your processor cool, and it may be the most overlooked. People spend big bucks from high end air or water coolers, but they will smear, glop, and squirt any old goo onto their CPU to serve as thermal paste. While the generic white stuff may do just fine for typical applications, those who want to squeeze the last bit of performance out of their system know that spending a little extra for a premium thermal paste may be well worth it.
The thermal paste (or thermal grease in this case) to be reviewed is manufactured by a familiar name in cooling, Zalman. The Zalman ZM-STG1 Super Thermal Grease comes to us for review from Sharka Computers and it is bringing high expectations for reduced processor temperatures with it. For Zalman to slap their name on to it, I am guessing that it must be good.
Here is a bit of technical information on the grease from the Zalman website:
1. Best Performance - Zalman’s Super Thermal Grease (STG) maximizes heat transfer by eliminating the minute air gap between the heat source and the heat sink caused by their irregular surfaces.
2. Ease of use - The brush attached to the bottle enables easy application and also prevents unnecessary waste of grease.
3. Easy Storage - A sealed bottle keeps the grease fresh for longer time, which is necessary since the bottled quantity allows 10 or more times of use.
» Type : Non-curing compound
» Capacity : 3.5g
» Specific Gravity : 2.86
» Temperature Stability : -45°C to 150°C (-49°F to 302°F)
» Thermal Conductivity : 4W/mK
1. Clear off particles or residue from the contact surfaces of the heat source and heatsink.
2. Shake well then apply on the contact surfaces of the heat source and heatsink.
3. Install the heatsink.
1. Please keep the bottle cap tightly closed during the storage.
2. Use only as thermal grease. Keep out of the reach of children.
3. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
4. Do not ingest or put into mouth. If ingested, get medical attention.
The packaging is compact, but still manages to provide some details on the thermal grease and a good look at the bottle of silvery grease. The back of the packaging has more information, and the bulk of it is dedicated to a pictorial interpretation of the three step application process listed above.