Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Just bought this
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 18:52:24    Post Subject: Just bought this Reply with quote View Single Post

Just purchased this today.

1995 GMC Sierra 350cid 4x4 leather interior.

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:34:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nice, it looks well cared for!

My 00 is still running great, just over 90K. So you should be good for years on that.

Last edited by BeerCheeze on Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:06:26; edited 1 time in total
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:32:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

with a 350 should be a good truck .not under or over powered ! whats the mileage on this truck and what it set you back $$$
bruceleeon
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:48:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think trucks with leather and s#!7 are retarted. It is a truck, meant for working and stuff... NOT LUXURY. Also, those damned SUV's kill me... comercials about offroading but always driven on streets and usually by soccer moms. If you want luxury BUY A CAR!
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:53:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bruceleeon wrote:
I think trucks with leather and s#!7 are retarted. It is a truck, meant for working and stuff... NOT LUXURY. Also, those damned SUV's kill me... comercials about offroading but always driven on streets and usually by soccer moms. If you want luxury BUY A CAR!

I'd really like to know what you drive.
I have an SUV that my wife drives the kids around in, it has 3rd row seating and 4wheel drive. It goes anywhere that we need it to go and it has room for the whole family. Also a nice big vehicle is great for other things, about two months ago I hit a deer at about 80MPH and we all walked away from it. I don't think you can do that in a luxury car, the deer would have come right over the hood and through the windshield.
Also I just bought an '04 Silverado. These newer trucks are damn nice inside and out. Why should you have to drive something that is nice on the outside and hurts to sit in? Rolling Eyes

BTW retarded is spelled with one "T". Laughing

Oh and nice truck Knight

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:10:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

renovation wrote:
with a 350 should be a good truck .not under or over powered ! whats the mileage on this truck and what it set you back $$$

90K MILES = $5K

The former owner used it to drive to work, 45mile roundtrip each day. He install an aftermarket exhaust, K&N airfilter, and some other goodies. He said he was getting about 14-17mpg on his town/rural driving. I figure I should get 16-18 highway if I keep my foot out of it.

bruceleeon wrote:

And this truck will be worked.. I cant sit on a bench seat, I have two fused vertibre with bone growing thru the disk - so, I gotta have something comfortable. I also drive 150 miles to work, so my butt and back gotta be on something other than a crappy cloth bench seat that doesn't lean back. I absolutely hate cloth seats.. I'd rather have vinyl cheapo seats than cloth. ..so the leather is an upgrade.

I agree about the soccermom SUV/sport-truck thing.. It also pisses me off to see 2 wheel drive SUVs.. WTF?? whats the F'n sense?

Where I live and work, you damn near gotta have a truck/SUV to get around, ...those damn city folks should stick to their mini-vans and cars.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:00:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

bruceleeon wrote:

It's a free country bambi... People can drive anything they want to.

And what's wrong with having a work vechile that is luxouris? FOR EXAMPLE.... What about people like myself that have a Travel trailer? Don't I need a truck? And considering I'd be driving lot's of miles in it, wouldn't have it a bit more luxoruis be a good thing?

My truck doesn't happen to have leather, and becasue of the kids I will avoid it, but after the kids get older? Why not?

Knight, sounds like you got a good deal, and it sounds like that truck is only maybe 1/2 used. Grin So you got another 10 yrs or more with it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:42:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
agree about the soccermom SUV/sport-truck thing.. It also pisses me off to see 2 wheel drive SUVs.. WTF?? whats the F'n sense?
knight0334 see my wife drives a 2002 saturn vue 4 cyl front drive . bought new . she likes the looks - it go,s though all the snow we get . np .
we dont take it hill climbing . we feel safer in it then a small car . she gets 28-35 mpg . it handles all are cargo when we go on a trip or camping to are property . and is more then 1/2 as costly to drive as my truck 98 ford f-150 would be to use on these same trips .

we live around pontiac ,detroit michigan .and i agree with why buy a 4 wheel drive .just to go though snow .when a front wheel drive will handle it just fine . on ice 4 wheel drive dont help anyway !
i kills me how many people think you need a 4 wheel drive . on there car and may use it one or 2 days a year . also the extra costs for repairs when it has to be fixed .or time for tires .to do everything my wifes car will do .

she did have a 99 saturn sc1 before this . 3 door sport coupe they made - it made it though most snow we got . but there was one that she got stuck in .coming home from work .that sporty sloped low front .just worked like a plow and dug in .as she turned on to a block off the main road . i had to walk up with a shovel then push it back on the main road .and she had to park it in the townships offices lot for a day . but for the most part i feel if you have front wheel drive ,and all your worryed about is snow .you should be fine if you dont get more then 9-12 inchs of the white crap ! and how many go out if there is a major snow fall anyway (6 plus inchs ) my wife will for work nurse and employed at a hospital ( she has had a police pick up years ago and ride into work by them ) but most are told keep off the roads anyway if they get that bad you need to really use that 4x4 feature . lets face it if theres that much snow out there .your wifes not leaving the house .and she make sure its you going first any way .with a shovel in your hand ! Smile
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:26:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

cool! Free flannel and a tool belt Grin

but where's the gun rack?

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:34:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

mrweasel wrote:
cool! Free flannel and a tool belt Grin

but where's the gun rack?

No gun rack.. PA requires long-arms to be in a secure "wrapper" (box, case, etc). Pistols will be on my hip or in the consol.

-----

renovation,

My Buick has done well for snow and stuff for the last couple years, but it's just falling apart. This new job requires me to get into places that Mother Nature forgot about, and my LeSabre just cant hack it. lol This part of Pennsylvania (Greene County) should have been part of West Virginia with all the hills, valleys, and roads that go through creeks.. Up home in Jefferson County it isn't as bad, but we get alot more snow(lake effect).

I drive through fields and right-of-ways, wet grass is somewhat like ice... ...once your tire(s) breaks loose, you're screwed. And most(80%) of 2 wheel drive vehicles are actually 1 wheel drive. lol Cant be having 1 or 2 wheel drive in a field... ..farmers get p!ssed when you tear up their property.

The only bad part about having a good 4wd is, you're alot farther out there when you get stuck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: