Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Just bought this 
renovation
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:42:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
agree about the soccermom SUV/sport-truck thing.. It also pisses me off to see 2 wheel drive SUVs.. WTF?? whats the F'n sense?
knight0334 see my wife drives a 2002 saturn vue 4 cyl front drive . bought new . she likes the looks - it go,s though all the snow we get . np .
we dont take it hill climbing . we feel safer in it then a small car . she gets 28-35 mpg . it handles all are cargo when we go on a trip or camping to are property . and is more then 1/2 as costly to drive as my truck 98 ford f-150 would be to use on these same trips .

we live around pontiac ,detroit michigan .and i agree with why buy a 4 wheel drive .just to go though snow .when a front wheel drive will handle it just fine . on ice 4 wheel drive dont help anyway !
i kills me how many people think you need a 4 wheel drive . on there car and may use it one or 2 days a year . also the extra costs for repairs when it has to be fixed .or time for tires .to do everything my wifes car will do .

she did have a 99 saturn sc1 before this . 3 door sport coupe they made - it made it though most snow we got . but there was one that she got stuck in .coming home from work .that sporty sloped low front .just worked like a plow and dug in .as she turned on to a block off the main road . i had to walk up with a shovel then push it back on the main road .and she had to park it in the townships offices lot for a day . but for the most part i feel if you have front wheel drive ,and all your worryed about is snow .you should be fine if you dont get more then 9-12 inchs of the white crap ! and how many go out if there is a major snow fall anyway (6 plus inchs ) my wife will for work nurse and employed at a hospital ( she has had a police pick up years ago and ride into work by them ) but most are told keep off the roads anyway if they get that bad you need to really use that 4x4 feature . lets face it if theres that much snow out there .your wifes not leaving the house .and she make sure its you going first any way .with a shovel in your hand ! Smile

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved