Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Never use tiresplus for any car care need.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:54:06    Post Subject: Never use tiresplus for any car care need. Reply with quote View Single Post

Jsut wanted to vent abotu my latest incident.

I had a blow out of one of my tires about 2 months ago. I had an extra set or fims and tires for my car so I put those on until I could get the problem fixed.

Well I own a 2002 Subaru WRX and the rims that the tire blew out on were BBS 17" rims that purchased from tirerack a few years ago. They are nice rims that were nto cheap.

Well long story short the tires on them were original installed by tirerack and I needed new tires cause they were fallign apart and one blew out.

So I decide to go with Yokahama DBS2 tires and I purchased them thru www.tiresplus.com. I figured they are a tire place and more, they had the tire I wanted and the best price I could find and they had a loaciton in my town.

Well I tok the rims in to get the new tires installed last night. They call me 2 hours later and I stop back to pick them up. I take a look and tow of the rims are totally messed up. I can only guess that some a$$ did nto know how to the use the machine but the area where the rim and tire meet is all chewed up and cracked/bent/chipped jsut plain damaged.

I took the guy out and showed him and he understood my issue and said the only things to do were to try to send them out to be fixed or else they woudl have to purchase a new rim. I don't knwo how the heck you can fix these rims but if it can be done I don't care as long at it looks perfect. Otherwise I want new rims but I don't think they even sell my rim style anymore.

Boy am I pissed off with this place. Now I need to call them since they have yet to follow up with me today as I asked. Granted it is noon but they shoudl be on top of this.

What gets me even more is that I paid for the tires and service already. I think I am goign to ask them to put a stop on that until this is fully resolved because I feel like I should not be paying for anyhting until the job is complete and at this point a complete job is goign to consisto of repaired or replaced rims.

DON'T EVER USE TIRES PLUS

Trust me on that.

Now what do I do?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 11:59:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sucks! You should look into stopping payment.

I'm not sure how it works, but there are places that repair alloy wheels. One is actually right around the corner from where I work. I think they can actually fix big chips / cracks, but not sure what you would do for chewed up edges.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:17:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well when I talk to them today all I can do is ask them to stop the charge on theri end until the rims are reparied and in my hands. I made the assmuption that everyhting was ok and I paid before the guy showed me the rims.

Thinking back I should have asked right then and there to have the payment removed or not charged. but all I can do is request that be done today. They may or may not do it. If they don't all I can do is make a fuss and call the customer support number for main headquarters.

I am pissed yet at the same time what can I do. I jsut want the things fixed and if they can get that doen and have it be of high quality then I am ok with it. But I would like to not have a chage for this until everyhting is done. In reality I think they should be giving me a rebate due to the poor service.

But how does one go abotu gettign all of that. I need to ask for ceartain thigns and be firm yet at the same time I can't lose my mind and start yelling at them even if I really want to.

Good to hear that there are places out there that can do reparis to rims. Hopefully we will see if they can do a repair to the entire outter surface of a rim like that.

I jsut don't get it. The other two rims were ok. They had a few marks but they were pretty much in the area hidden by the lip of the tire so I can let those go. They were not perfect but it is not obvious unless you get super close and inspect it. But how did those tires come out fine and the others were messed up? I can understand the inside rim being a little messed up if the machine needs to get in there- but not the outside part you see.

Like I said nobody should ever use Tiresplus.

While I was there waiting to pay I heard one mechanic gettign yelled at for not wearing his safety glasses and he coudl not understand why they were needed (idiot). He did seem liek he was a moron and is probably the guy that messed my tires up. And anotehr mechanic came in and told the manager he had to call a guy back that called in to tell the place that he went to remove a nut on his wheel and the thing broke off- said the car had jsut been worked on my the tires plus location. Not sure why he was removing the wheel lug nut but for the thing to break- they must have torked the thign to the point where it had a stress failure- jsut unbeleivable.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:05:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would contact your local BBB and see if this has happened before.
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:12:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

are they low profile tires? they may have used the wrong machine to install the tires since the low profile tires are harder to mount (a lot of places cannot do low profile) forget having them fix them.... theyll just wear in the same spot again.... trust me.... just have them pay you for a new set of wheels or have them order you new ones and you want a vehicle to use in the meantime since you cant drive yours since your missing 2 wheels lol

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:55:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I can drive cause I have the factory rims on the car right now until these get fixed.

The wheels are BBS 17" rims. THe tires are 225-45/17 wheels. SO they are borderline low profile. I guess they are low profile but not super low profile.

If they need to use a different machine theny they shoudl know that and they should not be tryign to put the tire on. IF they sell the tire and say they can do it they should be able to do it.

Fact is that 2 tires were done right or close to right and two were all messed up. So I think it was user error. Some a$$ runing the machine.

They are goign to call me tomorrow to tell me what the plan is. I am going to go on tirerack to see if these rims are even offered for sale anymore, but I don't think they are so purchasign a new set may not be an option.

I have heard that the places that fix rims can do a good job but I am not sure what they can do for edge work like that where paint may be involved. So I have to talk to the guys. I don't knwo what to tell them if the fix is not goign to be perfect and the rims can not be purchased anymore. I guess I could say then buy me 4 all new ones but I doubt they would do that.

So what do I do? What would you do?
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:53:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I am still waiting for the asses at that shop to call me back. I am abotu go have to get loud with them. I don't want to start a big argument but they are leavign me with little choice. I have been nice up till now but I am pissed.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:22:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In colorado, small claims court filing is $20 and allows you to issue summons. That usually gets people's attention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: