Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
how shady are new car dealers by you ?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acruxksa
Doh!

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:56:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

I prefer to buy the thing, sure the payments are a little more but then you pay it off and can have no car payments for several years. We're on a 10 yr rotation here. Every 10 yrs one of us will get a new car.

I'm with you Cheezy,
We buy a car and basically drive it until the maintenance/repair bills start totalling around %70 of the annual cost of a new car. Which in my case was around 8yrs for our Suburban and 10yrs for our VW Jetta.

Personally I would never trust a new or used car salesman, they have a habit of understating the total cost of a vehicle and trying to tack on all manner of extra charges, like the Dodge your brother in law mentioned, we bought a new 2005 Grand Caravan a few month ago and from what I was told ALL new dodges come with a 7yr./70,000 mile bumber to bumper warranty which already includes free oil changes. Why he would have had to pay an extra $8 a month ($24/oil change) for the service is beyond me.

Boo Boo

JimBowy

PostPosted: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:25:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i'll agree with having a beater

i own:
- 93 ford tempo v6, very reliable.... has only 76,000 miles and is very dependable, i have only 800$ into this car and these engines have been known to go over 200,000+ miles..... I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time

- 87 ford mustang, v8
i'll hang on to this one for the rest of my life.... assuming nothing huge comes up that would require me to sell it... this is my "fun" only-good-weather-only-summer car....

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 00:09:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I dont trust auto sales persons. It is their job to sell you something. Never trust anyone that is trying to sell you something.. ..ever.

Especially when it is something that depreciates 10-25% the moment you title it.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:35:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Very true... of course this is why Misty doesn't like going to a car dealer with me. She thinks I'm an "a$$hole" to them.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:33:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:
Laughing Very true... of course this is why Misty doesn't like going to a car dealer with me. She thinks I'm an "a$$hole" to them.

And she thinks that is a bad thing? Confused Bang Head
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:17:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dr. EvilCheeze wrote:

She should be present when my dad is car shopping.. lol I think dad makes it a point to save up all hostilities for all other reasons and then lets them go when he car shops.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:14:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Y'all need to get out and enjoy the weather. Get out of the cars and on to a motorcycle. Grin I only paid 8 grand after financing and it runs like a champ. Gets me from point A to B at 45 MPG. Sure, it's a little colder in the winter, but that's why nature has cows (to make leather).
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:41:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I weren't 50K in debt I'd have a HD or homemade HD replica parked in my livingroom every night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: