Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
GigaByte GA-K8N PRO-SLI Mainboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:25:47    Post Subject: GigaByte GA-K8N PRO-SLI Mainboard Reply with quote View Single Post

For all the gamers out there who are looking for a low cost SLI system, this would be a great place to start. Not only is the board affordable, but it also has some extra features that make it stand apart from the others. Gigabyte's famous Dual BIOS allows for some extra stability and is packed along with a Q-Flash utility for easy BIOS flashing. Overclocking is also made simple with the Easy Tune 5 program. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:38:31; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

rossj
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:59:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Does this board have a 2 pin header on it for Case open? Because I cant get my power supply to start and I have a swich on the the tower for case open but I cant find a pleace to insert it...and dont be rude! rossj
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:06:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Welcome rossj
I don't see that feature available on this motherboard. I also don't know how that would keep your power supply from coming on? Maybe some more info, Case type? Power supply? etc.
rossj
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:50:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for answering. I thought it may have some sort of case open switch on the mother board as there is some sort of case open option in the BIOS that I read in the book.
I was just hoping that it may be an option for the computer not starting. I have a Soprano Tower with a 24 pin power supply and a 4 pin supply as well. It is 450 watts. The cpu fan won't come on nor will the power supply fans......So it could be a crook power supply or a fault with the board, CPU or the switches on the front of the tower. I have no way of testing and will probably have to run it into Fluidtek in Sydney 250k away to where I bought the parts. When I was testing the board it did blow the power circuit breaker on the house so somthing was strange but I heard and smelt on short?

Thanks

Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:27:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you don't have a voltage meter or multimeter of some sort you can test your supply as follows..

1. remove supply from case DISCONNECT ALL LEADS FROM COMPUTER.

2. when supply is unplugged take a piece of wire or paper clip and jumper any black wire on the 24 pin connector to the green wire on the 24 pin connector. The green wire is the on switch.

3. plug it in and turn it on. If the fans in the power supply come on then the supply at least works. If no fans come on then its broke and you may be making the trip to Sydney. Confused

BTW an SLI system needs a high quality power source, I personally wouldn't trust one that came with a case.
rossj
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:46:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I did that green and black and the fans on the power supply and case fans came on! The cpu 's fan did not come on though?

I have a digital mulitmeter but I don't know what to test for. What could I look for next? It seems the start button does not turn on the power supply some how. Wave

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:50:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hopefully the PSU wasn't connected to the CPU fan during that test you did... that would be tricky. But, at least the PSU works!

Now, if you reconnect it to the motherboard, you can also test to see if it is the power button on your case. You will need to find the power switch header on the motherboard, and remove the wires that connect it to your case's button. Then, get a jumper and temporarily connect the two pins on your board. This should jump start your system, and you only need to complete the circuit for an instant and it should come on.

(I do this often, as my systems don't always have cases or power buttons).

Let me know if my explanation was too brief.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

rossj
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 23:57:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I had already shorted out those two pins with a screwdriver with no luck! Thats what made me think there was no power coming out of the power supply.
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:15:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

rossj wrote:
When I was testing the board it did blow the power circuit breaker on the house so somthing was strange but I heard and smelt on short?

Thanks

Before trying anything else I would pull the Mobo out of the case and see if there is any possible shorts. Sometimes screws can be dropped or hanging wires during instalation etc. can cause shorts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Motherboards All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: