Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D Motherboard
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:40:03    Post Subject: DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D Motherboard Reply with quote View Single Post

There is no end to the amount of tweaking you are allowed on this board. With very minor effort and time, I was able to get a FSB of 300 MHz at a multiplier of 8 for a CPU frequency of 2400 MHz. With some time spent, this board will go much higher, although this particular CPU was not helping. This seemed like a good place to run a complete set of benchmarks for comparison. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:38:38; edited 2 times in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:34:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Omg,,, I want one Smile . Its just the big jump to upgrade, cpu, pci x gpu, and mobo. Is it really worth it since my current rig never misses a beat. BTW great review Spire Wave

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
256Killa
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:33:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That was really a great review, very thorough. My first time on this site actually. What I can never seem to find is any look at the use of the DXG feature on this board. No reviewer has yet to do so. Perhaps doing a 3 monitor span on some games and getting some frame rates would have been great. Or to see whether the DXG feature is buggy between Nvidia or ATI. That's actually the only reason I bought this board. It just seems like myself and DFI are the only ones who care to look into it.
werty316
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:16:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good to see the lanparty series is still going strong by being a good overclokcer.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:23:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You know, when I was writing that review, the thought never crossed my mind to take a look at the multi monitor support.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but any of the PCIe based motherboards can run dual (or more) video cards. Windows supports 4 monitors (possibly more I'm not sure).

I guess with the fame and fortune of the Lanparty boards being based on overclocking and gaming, thats the direction I headed with the review.
256Killa
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:48:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That's a good point spire. I've been under the impression that that was not the case. Although it would mean I would've needed to get an SLI capable board for several bucks more in order to get the two x16 slots. I suppose the other board manufacturers should be touting their equivalents to DXG for the sake of marketing. Perhaps once I have all the components myself I'll do some benches and post the results somewhere. Triple-span gaming!!! Woot!!!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:02:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I don't think there are many games that support multi-monitors, right?

I know a few months back when I was covering VIA's new PCIe boards, theywere trying to tout something since they didn't necessarily have SLi... and they made it seem like there were 2-3 BIG games that did multi-monitor.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

256Killa
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:28:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well for a while I was figuring I'd end up with a Matrox Parhelia so I'd been frequenting their forums. On this page http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/surrgame.cfm they have a list of games that officially and unofficially support surround gaming. In their forums at http://forum.matrox.com/mga/index.php?c=5, people are modding the games that don't support and getting them to work. Half Life 2 is a great example. In game works great but there glitches in the intro movie. You'll find some screen shots in there. I'd link it but the boards seem to be down right now. So far, from my readings, it seems to be a matter of customizing the available resolutions. It doesn't appear to be specific to Matrox cards.

On the hardware side, I've got 2 of 3 lcds. I'll prolly get the third tomorrow as it's on sale. I've got my Ultra D & new gloss white Chieftec case. gonna bring over the 74GB Raptor and 1GB Geil Ultra from the old system. I'm holding out on the video cards to see what the 512MB 6800 Ultras are gonna cost. I'm also holding out on an FX-55 as it seems to be coming down in price. Not to mention that I think the FX-57 is just around the corner. Once I have all that plus 1 more GB of RAM and some Danger Den stuff, maybe I'll make this a dedicated gaming rig and have nothing on it but games and benching apps.

It's really hard to hold out and wait. But if don't, it'll be like last year. A super high-end rig that lasted all of two weeks. Bah!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:31:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WOW! That list of games is pretty solid. Nice!
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:30:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That sounds like a sweet system!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Motherboards All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: