Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Windows 7
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:53:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yep, I think the laptop is home premium as well.
It doesn't seem to like enabling any file sharing of folders for laptops. I got it to work between two desktops before when I setup a friend's network.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Optix
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:52:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

In my line of work I setup network scanning about 10 times a day and for any of the home editions of Windows we have found that the shared folder has to be in My Documents but it's totally hit or miss on whether it works. Windows 7 has been a complete pain in our butt's because SMB scanning doesn't seem to work...ever.

I know it's like comparing apples to oranges but the same principals are there since the multi-function device needs to login as a user with permissions in tact.

I'm rethinking my decision of getting Home Premium or biting the bullet and shelling out the cash for Ultimate because sharing has been such a pain.
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:42:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

New Win7 problem:

Win7 won't enter sleep mode automatically

Scenario:
My DX58SO's IOH fan is really loud and has a crazy bright LED so I decided to replace it with a quieter fan from an old 3.5-5.25 mount. Now I wanted to monitor my IOH temperatures when I run stress tests to see what temps I'm reaching so I installed Intel Control Desktop Centre as it is the only program I know that can monitor the NB (maybe there are others). Temps looked fine now I go to bed and wake up in the morning to notice that only my monitor went to sleep and my computer isn't in its normal sleep/hibernate state. I tried clicking on sleep mode to manually put it to sleep and it is working fine. I restarted and went to the bios to restore defaults to rule out motherboard overriding it and still won't enter sleep mode automatically. I disabled network wake and mouse wake and only have keyboard press wake the sleep and still nothing (this shouldn't really matter but all the google results I could find on this problem recommends this, so I had to rule it out).

Any one know what's wrong?
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:55:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Can it connect on other networks?
It might be a hardware issue.
fireflying
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 04:03:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Download, fool type installation. Then inquires the Settings
, OK

mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:00:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

fireflying wrote:
Download, fool type installation. Then inquires the Settings
, OK

Confused

Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 04:51:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i used windows (32) its workes well. InkBall may also be installed into Windows 7.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:01:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Does anyone have an idea why I can install Win 7 Ultimate x64 on a system no problem, but Win 7 Pro x64 won't find the HDD?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:19:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Your crack is corrupted?!? Pirate
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:30:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ehhhh, I think it's possibly that the Win 7 x64 disk is upgrade only, but... I'm not even sure it's doing that. I put in a Win 7 x32 one and it worked fine. System has 4GB so I wanted x64... Blhaaa..

Downloaded a new Win 7 x64 SP1 image from MS last night, we'll see how it goes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: