Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Windows 7 
crowTrobot
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:42:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote

New Win7 problem:

Win7 won't enter sleep mode automatically

Scenario:
My DX58SO's IOH fan is really loud and has a crazy bright LED so I decided to replace it with a quieter fan from an old 3.5-5.25 mount. Now I wanted to monitor my IOH temperatures when I run stress tests to see what temps I'm reaching so I installed Intel Control Desktop Centre as it is the only program I know that can monitor the NB (maybe there are others). Temps looked fine now I go to bed and wake up in the morning to notice that only my monitor went to sleep and my computer isn't in its normal sleep/hibernate state. I tried clicking on sleep mode to manually put it to sleep and it is working fine. I restarted and went to the bios to restore defaults to rule out motherboard overriding it and still won't enter sleep mode automatically. I disabled network wake and mouse wake and only have keyboard press wake the sleep and still nothing (this shouldn't really matter but all the google results I could find on this problem recommends this, so I had to rule it out).

Any one know what's wrong?

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved