Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Track Mania Nations
ooh - fun
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:24:52    Post Subject: Track Mania Nations Reply with quote View Single Post

I downloaded this a long time ago, but just started playing again. Mostly as part of my pursuit of a LAN game to play with a 6 year old! Not quite what I was looking for, but it is a blast. I may be addicted, and I know she is getting there...

Anyone else play?

There was an update to my old version to download, and I think all it did was update the in-game ads with current products... Laughing

http://www.trackmanianations.com/
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:16:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Looks nice Wink

Can it be played via internet too? DirectIP maybe? Confused

And dont worry about your 6y0 becoming addicted to such games...way better than playing some shoot&kill games...and even much much better than any other serious and possibly lifethreatening addictions outthere... Crazy Mad Bang Head Rolling Eyes

Any good new ads in the game? What's "IN" nowadays? (read: What they want us to buy this time?) Grin Laughing

Wave

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:04:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It does have an Internet mode, have not tried it. We play solo and over the LAN.

The ads are for the 2009 Toyota Matrix and the movie Iron Man. Considering it is a race track, and there are tons of banners at real ones, the ads aren't bad.

I think the last time I played I had a weak graphics card... Playing this with with the settings turned up is really nice. Looks great! Grin

There is one track that is actually back to back half pipes... Ridiculous, but doing freestyle tricks in a car is kinda fun!
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:21:41    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Scanning...scanning...scanning....found...1 item...Track Mania Nations + update....284MB.... Grin

So is that the real thing? Because I was expecting at least 1-2GBs... Confused Wink

And one more thing...I also found Track Mania United...have you tried that one too? Looks cool...and its 878MBs...so potentially better graphics, gameplay, etc... (or maybe those extra 600MBs feature nice megapack of new ads... Grin Laughing Crazy Wink ).

Will let you know if it works when i get it...and maybe we can try online play if you'll have the time,ok? Smile Wave

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:42:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think United is a pay version, while Nations is free. There is supposedly a new (free) version coming out tomorrow... Track Mania Forever or something.

I think that file size sounds right. There is a download link on the right, near the middle on the link I provided above.
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 15:02:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Silly me...i missed that link before...and only saw that paid version there...so needed to search for torrents... Grin Crazy Laughing

Anyway...I am doing some copy/install/backup stuff now...so cant check whether its already downloaded...probably not yet...but i'll check later and let you know - so we can try play few games online if things go well, ok? Wink Wave

Enigmachine
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:55:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Woohoo, TrackMania! It was the game we played while everyone was setting up the 'official' games (like FPSes, RTSes and others) on their machines at my LAN parties!

Everybody will be happy to hear about the new release! But not about the crashed web site Grin
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:37:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Finally installed it....tried it....and....it's GREAT! Wink

Just wonder how could i missed it before...because i love this racing stuff....hmmm...probably because i usually dont even bother to download/install games with only few 100s of MB's....because i automatically think it cant be any good in graphics and/or gameplay terms if its under 1GB at least....but in this case i was wrong....so thanks for the tip once more, Doctor Feelgood. Grin Smile

I also tried to play over internet...and it works....WOW...so many circuits....so many players....YEAHHHH! Grin

btw...if you'll have the time we can try to play together on some server tomorrow or later....just pick one circuit and let me know when you'll be there and i'll drop by too,ok? King Grin Wink

Wave

(TSC)Bender
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:43:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
I think United is a pay version, while Nations is free. There is supposedly a new (free) version coming out tomorrow... Track Mania Forever or something.

Looks like that version did come out yesterday/today. Heres a link for anyone interested:

LINK

Been a while since I played this, gonna try it out later
SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:28:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks (TSC)Bender...consider it (almost) downloaded Grin

And if it's at least 50% as good as Track Mania Nations...it's still AWESOME! Wink But I believe it's even better...so lets give it a try... King

Cya all soon. Wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: