latest series of high end desktop graphics cards includes models in the GeForce GTX 500 series. There are a variety of cards to choose from, including the GTX 550 Ti on the (relatively) low end, all the way up to the GTX 590 on the high end. Situated comfortably in the middle is the GTX 560 Ti, which has reference specifications including an 822MHz graphics clock and 1GB of 1002MHz GDDR5 memory. We will be checking out a GTX 560Ti from ASUS
, which is shown in the promotional image below.
While the ASUS GTX 560Ti (model ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5) has all of the features to be expected on a Nvidia GTX 560Ti based video card, including PhysX, GeForce CUDA, Nvidia 3D Vision, and 1GB GDDR5 memory, they did not stop with just reference design offerings. They have implemented their DirectCU II cooling system, which integrates copper heatpipes and places them in direct contact with the GPU, while using dual 80mm fans for adequate airflow. In addition, the GPU is factory overclocked to a modest 830MHz, which doesn't seem like much, but every little boost can help.
Before taking a look at the ASUS GTX 560Ti 1GB graphics card provided for review, let's cover some of the features and specifications as found on the official product page
on the ASUS website.
Overclocked on Arrival
- Factory overclocked to perform at 830MHz, 10MHz faster than stock performance, resulting in higher frame rates in games.
- Based on ASUS DirectCU architecture, which uses copper heat pipes in direct contact with the GPU to speed up heat dissipation for over 20% cooler performance, DirectCU II takes cooling further with twin 80mm fans for doubled airflow.
Super Alloy Power
- Super Alloy Power technology uses special alloy formula in critical power delivery components for a 15% performance boost, 35°C cooler operation and 2.5 times longer lifespan.
- Full throttle overclocking with exclusive ASUS Voltage Tweak via Smart Doctor - boosting 50%* more speed, performance and satisfaction!
ASUS Smart Doctor
- Your intelligent hardware protection and powerful overclocking tool
ASUS Gamer OSD
- Real-time overclocking, benchmarking and video capturing in any PC game!
Splendid™ Video Intelligence Technology
- Optimizes colors in various entertainment scenarios with five special modes — standard, game, scenery, night view and theater.
- Unlocks the power of GPU's processor cores to accelerate the most demanding system tasks
- Dynamic visual effects like blazing explosions, reactive debris, realistic water, and lifelike characters
DirectX® 11 Done Right
- Brings new levels of visual realism to gaming on the PC and get top-notch performance
- Supports multi-GPU technology for extreme performance ode
NVIDIA® 3D Vision™
- Immersive yourself in 3D gaming world
Microsoft® Windows® 7 Compatible
- Enable PC users to enjoy an advanced computing experience and to do more with their PC
» Graphics Engine: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
» Bus Standard: PCI Express 2.0
» Video Memory: GDDR5 1GB
» Engine Clock: 830 MHz
» CUDA Core: 384
» Shader Clock: 1660 MHz
» Memory Clock: 4000 MHz ( 1000 MHz GDDR5 )
» RAMDAC: 400 MHz
» Memory Interface: 256-bit
» D-Sub Max Resolution: 2560x1600
» DVI Max Resolution: 2048x1536
» D-Sub Output: Yes x 1 (via DVI to D-Sub adaptor x 1)
» DVI Output: Yes x 2 (DVI-I)
» HDMI Output: Yes x 1 (via Mini HDMI to HDMI adaptor x 1)
» Accessories: 2 x Power cable, 1 x Mini HDMI to HDMI adaptor, 1 x DVI to D-Sub adaptor
» Software: ASUS Utilities & Driver
» ASUS Features: DirectCU Series
» Dimensions: 9" x 4.4" Inch