has been a major manufacturer of computer hardware since 1999, when they introduced the idea of noiseless computing. Since then, they have developed a reputation for quality with their line-up of coolers, power supplies, headphones, storage devices, and cases.
Over the years, Zalman cases have won many awards, but for many users their cases were just too expensive to justify. Zalman recognized this and set out to offer cases that everybody could afford, without sacrificing their typical quality. The Zalman Z9 Plus is one of these lower cost cases that manages to offer features usually found only on more expensive cases. Things such as cable management, a fan controller, temperature display, and solid state hard drive support.
Before taking a look at the sample provided for review, let's cover some of the published data on the Zalman Z9 Plus case, as taken from the official product page
on the Zalman website.
» Front Mesh Cover for High Cooling Performance
- The front mesh bay cover provides cool air into the system while dust filters prevent dust from entering.
» Supports up to 7 System Fans
- Up to 7 system fans are installed to expel hot air effectively from the case.
» Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management
- Z9 Plus supports bottom PSU installation and provides an aperture for cable management to make better use of interior space.
» Black Interior Coating
- The interior of chassis is coated black to provide a sense of unity and elegant design.
» Spacious Interior for Installing 290mm Card
- The interior has been designed to be spacious for easy installation and maintenance of various components.
» 2-Channel Fan Controller and Temperature Display
- 2-Channel Fan controller for adjusting the system temperature and external LED temperature display are provided. By controlling noise and interior temperature with the fan speed, system can be operated at the most optimal condition.
» Supports Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Space is provided on the back of M/B plate for installing 2.5" HDD/SSD.
» Separate Apertures for Convenient CPU Cooler Installation
- Separate apertures for CPU cooler are provided for convenient CPU cooler installation without having to remove motherboard from case.
» Enclosure Type: ATX Mid Tower
» Dimensions: 207(W) x 464(H) x 504(D)mm
» Weight: 7.2kg
» Material: Plastic, Steel
» Motherboard Compatibility: Standard ATX / m-ATX
» Power Supply Compatibility: Standard ATX / ATX12V
» VGA Compatibility: Full Size (290mm)
» Expansion Slot: 7
» Drive Bays:
» External 5.25" 3
» Internal 3.5" 5
» External 3.5" 1
» Internal 2.5" 1
» Component Front 120mm /140mm fan x 1 (120mm Blue LED fan x 1 standard)
» Top 120mm /140mm fan x 2 (120mm Blue LED fan x 1 standard)
» Bottom 120mm /140mm fan x 1 (option)
» Rear (L) 120mm fan x 1 (standard)
» Side 120mm fan x 2 (120mm Blue LED fan x 1 standard)
» Front I/O Ports:
» Mic x 1
» Headphones x 1
» USB 2.0 x 4
» Fan Controller
» Temperature Display
» Color: Black