may not be a brand name you are familiar with, but they have jumped into a hot market with a product that just might get them noticed. Bluetooth headsets are everywhere thanks to the expanding capabilities of mobile phones, the convenience they offer, and of course the tougher laws regarding mobile phone use while driving. Most headsets can handle phone calls just fine, but they fail to address the stereo audio playback features found on many modern phones. Lubix offers an innovative line of Bluetooth headsets capable of handling your communication needs, while also letting you enjoy the multimedia capabilities of your phone.
This review is going to cover the Lubix UBHS-NC1 Stereo Bluetooth Headset, shown in the promotional image above. Before taking a closer look at the sample provided for review, let's look at some of the published data taken from the product page
on the Lubix website...
Carry it Around as a Necklace
- No more hassle to carry around your headset. Our patent technology allows you to use your headset as a necklace when not in use.
- Your headset weights only 28g (L:14g/R:14g). You can comfortably wear the headset doing sports or other exercises requiring a lot of movements. Don ' t sacrifice comfortableness for wireless technology.
World's First Headset with Integrated 3D Sound Technology
- Lubix Stereo Headset provides high quality 3D Sound through XEN Solution. Choose the 3D sound effect that fits you best among 4 types of 3D Sound effect provided by this product:
- Sound externalization. Provides comfortable and persistent listening environment by taking distractible sound away from ears and head when using earphones.
- Reverberation effect for earphones. Delivers natural and soft 3D sound field effect simulating that of a live performance.
- Spatial dispersion effect for earphones. Widely spread main vocal and center-placed instruments by providing a panoramic 3D audio image.
- Spatialization effect for earphones. Not only delivers wide stereo sound image, but also enhances low-frequency sound to provide rich and deep bass tones.
» Bluetooth Version: V2.0 Class 2
» Supported profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
» Frequency spectrum: 2.4GHz Spectrum
» Operating temperature: -20C to +50C
» Operating Time: Talk 6 Hours / Music 5 Hours
» Standby time: 150 Hours
» Working distance: 10m
» Product Size: 38 x 42 x 13 mm
» Product Weight: 22g
» Utility Model Registration Number 20-0411968
» Patent Application Number PCT/KR2006/001796
The UBHS-NC1 headset is available in two colors, white and black, and for those looking for even more bells and whistles they offer model UBHS-LC1. That headset takes the same basic features found on the UBHS-NC1 and integrates an LCD panel that serves as a caller ID and device control panel.
The images below show how the Lubix UBHS-NC1 is sold. Various surfaces of the box show the headset in use, while also highlighting some of the key features and specifications. A window on the front of the box provides a look at the actual headset, where it is clear that this review will be of the white version.