Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Two Xeon CPUs Are Better Than One Intel P4 Extreme Platform?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:33:29    Post Subject: Two Xeon CPUs Are Better Than One Intel P4 Extreme Platform? Reply with quote View Single Post

OK... so I was bored... and I went and checked out Tom's Hardware... they have an article titled "Two Xeon CPUs Are Better Than One Intel P4 Extreme Platform ". I laughed and though... Yea. I can belive that easily enough.

Then I started reading it... and thought... WTF Please... take a look and see what you think.

http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040514/index.html
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:56:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

OK I read it and went WTF So I read it again and went WTF again. Something aint right over in Tom Land
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:51:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

could summarize what the interesting bit is? oh, and WTF
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:07:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm just trying to figure out by what is said in the title, the article, and the benchies... how this all makes sense.

It seems to me that in a lot of ways the EE beats dual Xeon's, and is cheaper than the dual Xeon's he uses in the test. He says that Dual 2.8's are cheaper than 1 EE, but then he uses Dual 3.06's in his benchmarks?? WTF Either way, those benchmarks are all over the place... I see NO clear cut winner.
trekrider
Feeling: Prehistoric

PostPosted: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:40:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

But, Toms said it, so it must be true............NOT!
michael_holmes
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:24:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah shouldn't it be results inconclusive especially because what I use and what I price are different things??????
Fantasma
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:22:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Tom is going crazy Bad Air
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:51:53    Post Subject: Dual Xeon 2.4ghz (each) 1 gig ram Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,
I have a dual Xeon 2.4 GHz (each) system currently with 1gig ram 800 MHz, Rambus ram. The think f#*@ing kicks a$$. It supports hyper threading (so would give me a total of 4 processors in windows) but I keep it off most of the time because I find that most programs can't support that they just use the full power of one. So in some theory's two processors is better because if you have decent applications they will utilize but of the processors and get you some nice speed. Also have a kick a$$ dual DVI NVidia Quadro4 900 XGL Card as well

I currently have my system in a 3or4U case, a beast, and looking for something else, something more lightweight and better airflow designed, I have 4 12cm fans, 3 8cm, and 2 4cm fans, AIR IS MOVING its a noise one too cause I went for the extra powerful 12cm fans

Case: 91º F, CPU1: 87º F, CPU2: 91ºF

I'm currently looking at the Thermaltake Armor Full Tower
Case Series to replace the current case, any thoughts or suggestions, i was looking to get their water cooling system, but it doesn't support Xeon processors.

Attached is a current benchmarking results. (PassMark Software)

BenchmarkResults.htm.txt
 Description:
Friendly HTML results :) Need to rename extension to HTM not TXT

Download
 Filename:  BenchmarkResults.htm.txt
 Filesize:  13.11 KB
 Downloaded:  520 Time(s)

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html
jake_johnson
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:25:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

There is a reason I stoped reading toms hardware.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:21:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi Squeeze... trust me I LIKE duallies... I have a dual Athlon MP as my main rig right now.

I just remember the article, and remember thinking that Tom smoked some crack before and during the writing of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: