Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Two Xeon CPUs Are Better Than One Intel P4 Extreme Platform? 
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:51:53    Post Subject: Dual Xeon 2.4ghz (each) 1 gig ram Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a dual Xeon 2.4 GHz (each) system currently with 1gig ram 800 MHz, Rambus ram. The think f#*@ing kicks a$$. It supports hyper threading (so would give me a total of 4 processors in windows) but I keep it off most of the time because I find that most programs can't support that they just use the full power of one. So in some theory's two processors is better because if you have decent applications they will utilize but of the processors and get you some nice speed. Also have a kick a$$ dual DVI NVidia Quadro4 900 XGL Card as well

I currently have my system in a 3or4U case, a beast, and looking for something else, something more lightweight and better airflow designed, I have 4 12cm fans, 3 8cm, and 2 4cm fans, AIR IS MOVING its a noise one too cause I went for the extra powerful 12cm fans

Case: 91º F, CPU1: 87º F, CPU2: 91ºF

I'm currently looking at the Thermaltake Armor Full Tower
Case Series to replace the current case, any thoughts or suggestions, i was looking to get their water cooling system, but it doesn't support Xeon processors.

Attached is a current benchmarking results. (PassMark Software)

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved