Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Yet another reason to NOT shop at Wal-mart
Always no morals... ALWAYS!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:39:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Actually... Target is better. MUCH better to their employee's, and they don't teach their employee's how to get public assistance because they are paid so little. Not saying that Target doesn't do things to cut cost (such as out source things to India, such as not properly secure their store wireless/terminals), but they are at very least the lessor of 2 evils. Also, in general their stuff is much higher quality.

Also, this had at least main corporate oversight and wasn't simply an over zealous low end lawyer.

If you want to shop at Wal-mart, do... you don't have to try and defend yourself for doing so. Just walk into the store with eyes open, knowing what their corporate policies are, and what the quality of the products are.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:43:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I don't think things get to the Supreme Court without someone higher up getting involved...

So, we're off to Target... Laughing
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:53:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I guess the negative press got to them:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/B5256924A68B05F68625741F00103122?OpenDocument

If they'd just done the right thing in the beginning....

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:00:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sorry, but I hate shopping at Target...its such a womany store Razz
misty
Mmmmm... Beer

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:23:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

borschtBomber[SS] wrote:
sorry, but I hate shopping at Target...its such a womany store Razz

Would that mean that Wal-mart is a man's store? I guess that would explain the smell.

Stewie: I was under the impression the name of the show was "Kids Say the Darndest Things," not "Old Black Comedians Never Shut the Hell Up."
borschtBomber[SS]
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 19:43:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hahah, no it means that if you need to find any manly auto supplies, don't go looking at Target. Wink
Dud3!
Forum abandoner

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:54:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm about as anti-walmart (or anything else like it, but mainly wal-mart) as it gets. I never shop there and I hiss and start burning when I have to go there with a friend.

Seriously though, my hatred for wal-mart was reignited after I watched the "Wal-Mart: High Cost of Low Prices" documentary (of sorts).

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

microcheap
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 07:13:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well, I don't like shopping in walmart. I don't like the smell of the place it gives me heacaches.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:10:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I mainly shop at Wal-Mart because I pretty much have to, that is unless I want to drive a extra 20-30 miles just to go pick something up at Target or somewhere else.

In one direction or another from where I live, there there are only Wal-Marts, none of the other discount chains think that the folks out here are worth putting in a store out in our area (and they have been asked).

So the others can go pound sand for all I care, I'm not spending a extra $20 on gas just to shop at a place that doesn't think we're good enough to have a store in our area when Wal-Mart has 2.

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:18:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sbrehm72255 wrote:
I mainly shop at Wal-Mart because I pretty much have to, that is unless I want to drive a extra 20-30 miles just to go pick something up at Target or somewhere else.

In one direction or another from where I live, there there are only Wal-Marts, none of the other discount chains think that the folks out here are worth putting in a store out in our area (and they have been asked).

So the others can go pound sand for all I care, I'm not spending a extra $20 on gas just to shop at a place that doesn't think we're good enough to have a store in our area when Wal-Mart has 2.

The problem is with 2 Wally worlds that close to you the other chains don't think they can make enough money to make it worth their while. Sadly what probably needs to happen is some local government needs to get sick of Wally and offer some tax incentives to Target/Kmart so they can be sure it's not a waste of money to build a store.

That also is part of Wally World's business model. In the town where I work with a population of around 90k we have 2 Wally worlds! An older one that is a big POS and should be blown up, and the new "Super Center" only a few miles away. Really scary that both stores can make it, considering we also have a Super Target and a Kmart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: