Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Yet another reason to NOT shop at Wal-mart
Always no morals... ALWAYS!
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:43:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yep, health plan policies in the United States is pretty crazy so I hear.

I stopped shopping and supporting Wal-Mart long ago Smile
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:10:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:13:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Modulok wrote:
a good outcome

Very cool!!!

So... Can I go there for hornet spray this afternoon? Duh
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:25:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Modulok wrote:
a good outcome

Very cool!!!

ahhh, no...

they are still the empire of evil. K-mart, Target and other stores can use your money though.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:48:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wal-Mart is the only large retailer out here where I live, so I pretty much have to shop there.............Wink
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:04:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
Doctor Feelgood wrote:
Modulok wrote:
a good outcome

Very cool!!!

ahhh, no...

they are still the empire of evil. K-mart, Target and other stores can use your money though.

Agreed. Wal-mart already did damage to the family by brining about the suite. They already cost them money, that could have gone to the health care of this lady. The ONLY reason they "changed their minds" was because of all the public out-cry over it.

So if we as the public can continue to send Wal-mart the message that the general treatment of their employee's, and the lousy products they produce and sell to consumers will not be tolerated then maybe they will start to go back to the company that Sam Walton started. Remember the everything made in the USA that they used to advertise? Now... "Everything made in China, by slave labors with lead paint, and so cheap you'll be lucky if it doesn't break in the parking lot".

While Target and K-mart are far from a shining example, they do at treat their employees better, and generally have better quality merchandise.

OOO and [/rant] Laughing
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:56:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that story makes me physically sick. Now to go read the fine print on my insurance policies.
Boo Boo

sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:01:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Most companies try and screw you over as much as they can. Worst ones at it is our own government with what they are doing to the Vets (past and present).

You just can't win even after serving your country.

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:41:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

But do you think the other stores are any better? I would guess there is just less publicity at this point.

OK, OK... I'll go to Target for the spray. Grin
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:45:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Doctor Feelgood wrote:
But do you think the other stores are any better? I would guess there is just less publicity at this point.

OK, OK... I'll go to Target for the spray. Grin

That's pretty much how I feel about it. All the companies want to make as much money as possible. None of them do everything they "should" do.

While I hate that this was taken this far, it was probably taken this far only by the regional lawyers for Wal-Mart, and not discussed to the executives. The regional lawyers probably get a huge bonus for successfully winning these kind of things, and thus stick to the "letter of the company policy" as much as possible until they are told otherwise.

In 5 years, if Target is bigger than Wal-Mart, we'll ignore Wal-Mart and complain/boycott Target. Its just how we are. Yell/Scream/Boycott the biggest business. Granted they probably have the lest scruples in the business...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: