Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Yet another reason to NOT shop at Wal-mart 
BeerCheeze
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:18:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote

sbrehm72255 wrote:
I mainly shop at Wal-Mart because I pretty much have to, that is unless I want to drive a extra 20-30 miles just to go pick something up at Target or somewhere else.

In one direction or another from where I live, there there are only Wal-Marts, none of the other discount chains think that the folks out here are worth putting in a store out in our area (and they have been asked).

So the others can go pound sand for all I care, I'm not spending a extra $20 on gas just to shop at a place that doesn't think we're good enough to have a store in our area when Wal-Mart has 2.

The problem is with 2 Wally worlds that close to you the other chains don't think they can make enough money to make it worth their while. Sadly what probably needs to happen is some local government needs to get sick of Wally and offer some tax incentives to Target/Kmart so they can be sure it's not a waste of money to build a store.

That also is part of Wally World's business model. In the town where I work with a population of around 90k we have 2 Wally worlds! An older one that is a big POS and should be blown up, and the new "Super Center" only a few miles away. Really scary that both stores can make it, considering we also have a Super Target and a Kmart.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved