Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
noise cancellation headphones
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:14:12    Post Subject: noise cancellation headphones Reply with quote View Single Post

Anyone have any good recommendations for a set of noise cancellation headphones? I alreeady ruled out Bose and Sennheiser as too expensive, and Sony as just a piece of crap (I bought and returned a pair, you could hear artifacting). Looking at these right now, anyone know if they're any good: http://www.hearotto.com/Products_OT5.aspx ? The price looks right, that's for sure.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:05:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ive got sennheiser hd25's and love them
the other set is ultrasone dj-1 pros which i also love but for the cheaper not im no good sorry....

call the people at www.agiprodj.com they will give the best advice on a pair for decent

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:47:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you'd just knock the old lady out you wouldn't need a set of noise canceling headphones.
jrw45
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:39:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My experience with noise cancellation headphones is some what limited. I tried cheap pairs, around 60$ and very expensive pairs around 300$. There is no need to mention brand because the only point I want to add here is that they all had the same problem. The problem was when you turned on the noise cancellation feature.. They produced their own noise... white noise... Very distracting. Of course when I played music through them the white noise was almost gone... It really wasn't gone, it was just being over ridden by the volume of the music making the white noise a little harder to hear. The problem I have with that is the brain still hears it and has to process it, along with processing the music, I repeat, very distracting ... I really wanted a pair of noise cancellation headphones for what they advertised and that was noise cancellation... well they do block a lot of the outside noise but they also create their own noise... you figure... Whats the point of blocking one noise with another... White Noise is nice but the words "noise cancellation" ??? I rest my case.
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:13:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

White noise... that would be just awful. Horrific. I did a lot of research, still unsure, it seems like there's a big gap in price, all the good stuff is over $300 and all the bad stuff is under $100. The only thing that looks good and cheap is that Otto pair I linked to, and I could only find one review for them. Guess I'll just get them and find out.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:34:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

To "cancel" noise they have to make noise themselves. That's how they work.
Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 14:04:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yes, but not white noise. I thought they're basically just supposed to flip the waveform - not create a background of continuous noise. That seems awful. I know that the Otto headphones don't work that way. I'd imagine there's a range of technology for noise cancellation.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Wiseacre
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:15:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Got an e-mail from OTTO yesterday with a discount code as thanks for buying from them. I figured I would post that here in case anyone else can use it. It's FREESHIP and works for free shipping and 10% off either the [URL=www.hearotto.com/Products_OT2.aspx]bluetooth car kit[/URL] or [URL=www.hearotto.com/Products_OT3.aspx]headset/mp3 player[/URL]. I might pick up that integrated mp3 player/headset, cuz with the discount $75 doesn't seem like much to spend compared to getting a new shuffle or nano (I keep ruining my mp3 players, I wish they made disposable ones).
jrw45
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:45:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

WiseA. How do you like your otto headphones? How is the background noise I been complaining about with other brands ??
jrw45
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 01:46:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I ordered the headPhones and finally got them. They aren't completely void of background noise and the noise cancelling effect could be a little stronger. I can't be sure but maybe there is something wrong with them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: