Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ADVERTISEMENTS - Squid Cache & Proxy with custom blockin
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:56:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Laughing Probably my h_o_o_k_e_r comment.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:19:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

haha, I saw that when I was researching proxy for linux. I forgot why I didn't use it...maybe I will look at it. EDIT: Probably because it will make websites load SLOWER because it scans all content within the site rather than just a url. The idea of a proxy here is to speed up the net while blocking bad stuff out and reporting. Our squid server is on an old Compaq Server with Dual PIII 933mhz, 1GB ECC, and mirrored SCSI 18GB drives. So it's pretty fast serving squid, sarg (reporting), jabber IM, and internet firewall.

I'm currently looking for spyware/virus/trojan websites to block.
Also might use Squirm to redirect those myspace addicts to another site, like this google search.

What else are they implementing Jason? Give me some more ideas to get some more people yelling at my squid blockage. This one older guy was yelling at me and my boss for blocking his truck monkey video he wanted to watch. After browsing through the reports, I found the link to the video...turns out that the host's video collection was killing his bandwidth so he took down ALL VIDEOS. I emailed him a screen of the webhost error and can't wait for his lame reply.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:52:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
My company apparently just ditched Squid for something called Dans Guardian...

http://www.dansguardian.org/

Where do they find this stuff?

Anyway - now it blocks me from more stuff, including some threads here. Gives reasons for why, but they are lame... Like, I can't see heylinder's Cost of Christmas thread because "Weighted phrase limit exceeded". Use skinny words people, skinny words!!

My highschool used dans guardian for years, it does the job pretty well if configured correctly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: