Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: ADVERTISEMENTS - Squid Cache & Proxy with custom blockin 
Modulok
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:19:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote

haha, I saw that when I was researching proxy for linux. I forgot why I didn't use it...maybe I will look at it. EDIT: Probably because it will make websites load SLOWER because it scans all content within the site rather than just a url. The idea of a proxy here is to speed up the net while blocking bad stuff out and reporting. Our squid server is on an old Compaq Server with Dual PIII 933mhz, 1GB ECC, and mirrored SCSI 18GB drives. So it's pretty fast serving squid, sarg (reporting), jabber IM, and internet firewall.

I'm currently looking for spyware/virus/trojan websites to block.
Also might use Squirm to redirect those myspace addicts to another site, like this google search.

What else are they implementing Jason? Give me some more ideas to get some more people yelling at my squid blockage. This one older guy was yelling at me and my boss for blocking his truck monkey video he wanted to watch. After browsing through the reports, I found the link to the video...turns out that the host's video collection was killing his bandwidth so he took down ALL VIDEOS. I emailed him a screen of the webhost error and can't wait for his lame reply.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved