Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
RaidMax X1 ATX Gaming Case
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyjar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:32:55    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hawk_eye wrote:
Hey - I have the NZ version of the X1 case, and I have a problem with my front dial... everything is working fine, but for some reason my fan icon is not lighting up or working at all... I presume this is because it is not plugged in. Can someone run me through exactly what wires to look for, and where to plug them in?

I'm not a computer builder, so try not to confuse me with computer terms Grin Any help would be appreciated Smile

And - feel free to add me to msn or email me, just tell me who you are and what forum your from. Cheers, Ben

Me too. After fruitless searching, this forum seems to have the most information at least.

I've read that you need a 3 wire fan, which I plan on purchasing tonight. But then after that how exactly do you hook it up? Do I simply connect the fan to that? Does the fan get power from that?

I have this connector (second from the right):

Do I connect to that adapter then connect the fan to that? I'm very confused. Raidmax still hasn't answered my emails. Bang Head
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:28:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Trying to remember...

I believe that adapter is to connect a fan with a molex plug to the fan monitor in the front. Otherwise you can connect a 3pin fan to the monitor cable from the front display. Check the wires coming from the front display. You should see one that would be the reverse of that mini plug (looks like a square cup with 2 or 3 pins in it for the fan plug). That would be the cable you would plug a three pin fan plug into, or that mini plug if you are using a fan with a molex connector (as was supplied with the case).

Hopefully that makes sense...if not, let me know and I can post a pic of the two different connections that you should have.
flyjar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:06:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah, I figured it out, finally. I was thinking that you had to power the fan as well. All I had to do was connect a 3 wire fan to that connection and I was good to go. So I guess the power goes through the front display then to the fan.

Thanks for the help.
Seismo
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:10:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey, you know the fan that's in the side window?
I was thinking about trying to mod this case so that I don't need to plug/unplug the fan power connector when removing/installing the side panel. Seems like it should be easy enough to find some kind of connector I could put on the front end of the panel that would plug into a power source when putting the panel back in place.
Theortically, I think you would only need one wire, not two, because the panel itself would be ground.
Anyone done this? Any ideas on it?
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:50:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Interesting thought, and would be a nice feature for cases to start to implement for side panels. Not seen it done anywhere though, good luck on doing it.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:39:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have seen this done with phone jacks... Which seems a bit overly difficult.

Maybe a 1/8" mono audio jack?

I would use both wires just to complete the circuit properly, in case there is plastic or something else non-conductive in the way of using the chassis as a ground.
flyjar
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:23:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

While I'm very happy with the case and power supply once I figured everything out, their customer support is horrible. I have tried contacting them on several occasions via email and have never received and acknowledgement or response. One of the email addresses on their website isn't even valid. If you are new to building your own PC you might want to avoid them.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Orin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 20:19:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just recently got a Raidmax ATX-701WB "Sirius" case, and I'm a little stumped on how to hook up my front panel.

I'm new to the whole "building my own computer" thing (This being the first computer I've built). I managed to get it all working, all but the 3 gauges on the front. the manual didn't explain how/where to hook them up...

could someone enlighten me, or show me where I can find out how to hook it up? pictures would be appreciated, but text would do just fine Razz Thanks.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:39:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If I was to guess....you should have three different types of leads for the front gauges....

One should be a flat (no plug) probe, this is the temperature probe. Decide where you want to stick and you should have a little piece of tape to secure it. DO NOT stick it between the CPU and the heatsink. If you want it on the CPU, try on the side of the CPU. Other places are on top of hard drives, or on the back side of the video card, or somewhere onthe base of the CPU heatsink.

Another should look like a fan lead, plug one of the fans into it, and that should provide both power and allow the gauge to be used.

The final should look like the Hard Drive LED lead that connects to your motherboard, and might/should have another set of leads coming off it. Plug one end into the motherboard, and the lead that was plugged into the motherboard onto the second lead coming off the gauge lead.

Hopefully that helps, if you need more info, post a few pics of the leads (Raidmax doesn't have pics of them), along with giving your motherboard model so we can help point out where the HD LED is at.
Orin
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 05:26:27    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Wow! you were absolutely right! now all 3 gauges light up and work, however, the fan (i hooked it up to my side pannel fan, making it easier to pull the side off without having to pull it off the mobo) doesn't seem to be pushing as hard as it was before, could this be because i used a Y power cable instead of running the power striaght to the 4 prong connector? or should i use a different fan and plug the case one back into the mobo?

BTW, my mobo is an ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD Motherboard... if that helps at all.

Oh, and I just kinda wedged the temp probe into the fins on the heatsink, it stayed there. (didn't have to apply any force at all, it just kinda stuck) with the tip of it touching the base of the heatsink, or close to it. should that be ok? or should I move it?

Thanks for all the help! now my case is all lighty and stuff. sweet! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: