Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Sunbeamtech 20 in 1 Superior Panel
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:14:44    Post Subject: Sunbeamtech 20 in 1 Superior Panel Reply with quote View Single Post

Sunbeamtech did a fine job packing all these features into the space of a 5.25” drive bay. The unit is very well constructed and the layout is very convenient and easy to use. The fan control knobs, mode button, and reset button are pretty small, but even with my big fingers they were very easy to use. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:45:48; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:48:26    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

sunbeam is coming so strong with so many products and all over the sites.
artyranger
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:28:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I like the look of this. Seems to have all that I might need. Going to look into getting one of these.
vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:56:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

oooohh...shiny!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 20:02:28    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i'm likin how these panels have sata...thats pretty cool so u can easily connect another hdd to trnasfer files...but i never see them with sata power jacks Laughing .
hoffmeis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:55:29    Post Subject: what are the cables? Reply with quote View Single Post

what are the cables? (i'm considering one of these for a rebuild)
ie. i'm pondering: which of these cables come from the outside backpanel via a patch cable.
hoffmeis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:09:56    Post Subject: how deep is the unit? Reply with quote View Single Post

how deep is the unit and does it seperate in the middle anywhere if i were to disassemble it? (in case i want to place it through the case but not in a drive bay? -- any guess on sizes of seperatable pieces?)

my current case (which i'm thinking of re-using during a re-build) has a flip up panel but only one serial port and one usb there, but it's close to a drive bay in size -- but i'll have to manually cut the case, as the 2 ports were factory mounted.

oh, and would there be any problem mounting this device at the BOTTOM of the front ? (ie. does it sense temperature onboard -- or does it have the sensor on a wire?)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:25:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hoffmeis the cables for the Firewire and USB ports are the only ones that pass thru the PCI plate. The fan control cables and USB cable for the card reader are all internal. The unit is one solid plastic piece so you can not disassemble or detach any of it . It is just s shade shy of 3" deep from front of face plate to back of unit. As for mounting I dont see any problem mounting it anywhere you can make it fit. The temp probe are on long wires you can set them where ever you want and I think they are long enough to go just about any where from any where in a big case.
hoffmeis
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:53:43    Post Subject: what are the cables? Reply with quote View Single Post

i'm still wondering what each cable IS. (does anyone know if the manual is available to read online ?)
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:31:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I did some looking around and can not find the manual online any where. The cables are pretty self explanatory though. Check out the Installation part of the review. I tried to explain them all there. Then if you have any question feel free to post them or PM me about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: