Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Big Water 12cm Liquid Cooling System
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjdart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:42:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Fixed my links _ very happy with this product

here are my installation pics 11 photos

http://photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/Thermaltake%20Big%20Water/Tt%20Big%20Water%20Installation/?action=view&current=1_ABIT_AA8XE_CPU_Block.jpg

Hear are lots of pics of the kit

http://photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/Thermaltake%20Big%20Water/?action=view&current=Thermaltake_Big_Water_Packaging.jpg

Overclocking to 4GHz very stable with my P4 550 3.4
http://photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/3D%20Mark%20Scores/?action=view&current=P4_550_OC_to_4GHz.jpg

ASUS Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra
Seagate 80GB & Maxtor 120GB SATA Hard Drives
LiteOn 52x32x52x CD/RW & NEC 3520 16x DVD±R/W
Thermaltake Big Water Liquid Cooling System
uGURU 3rd Eye - ViewSonic 23" LCD
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:59:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Good pics there bro!
Nice job!

You plan on adding in any video card coolers into the cooling loop?

mjdart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:01:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've thought about it, the GF 6800 runs at a decent temp.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/Thermaltake%20Big%20Water/TtBigWaterInstalled.jpg

Install pics:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y25/mjdart/Thermaltake%20Big%20Water/Tt%20Big%20Water%20Installation/?action=view&current=1_ABIT_AA8XE_CPU_Block.jpg

ASUS Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra
Seagate 80GB & Maxtor 120GB SATA Hard Drives
LiteOn 52x32x52x CD/RW & NEC 3520 16x DVD±R/W
Thermaltake Big Water Liquid Cooling System
uGURU 3rd Eye - ViewSonic 23" LCD
sinister
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:53:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i've bought this kit as well after reading ur review.
the radiator is installed inside my case.
i have pentium 4 3.0ghz LGA
i've tested my system and when the cpu is idle the tempreture is 40C degrees and 53C degrees when its working.

according to ur review i noticed major diffrences between the amount of tempreture.

is it ok or maybe i've done something wrong during installation?
*currently now there're no chassis fans installed.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:30:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The temps could be different for a few reasons. The biggest would be when I reviewed the system it was done on an AMD 2500+ your P4 may just be a hotter running chip. I also mounted the radiator outside of the case instead of on the inside. Things you should check are....
1) Make sure the system is full of the coolant and there are no air bubbles in the system

2) No kinks in any of the tubing (I have noticed the tubes coming out of the pump kink very easily)

3)Radiator fan blowing in proper direction

4) Make sure the water block is mounted properly
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:01:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Even with water cooling, it is still highly recommended to have intake and exhaust fans on your case. You may find you need far less air flow (slower/quieter fans) for good case/component temps, but it is still pretty much a necessity.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:21:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just installed WC with two 80mm fans for the radiator, 120 front intake, 120 rear exhaust, 80 top exhaust, and planning to add a 120 intake for the video card. Quiet computing? who needs it. Yikes
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 05 May 2005 10:37:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

My wc rigged was near silent... 120mm intake fan doubling as my radiator fan... 120mm exhaust fan... 92mm and 80mm PSU fan. The speeds on all of them was under 1500 RPM, and load temps on a P4 2.6C at 3GHz was still under 40C.
sinister
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 10 May 2005 04:08:44    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

dadx2mj wrote:
The temps could be different for a few reasons. The biggest would be when I reviewed the system it was done on an AMD 2500+ your P4 may just be a hotter running chip. I also mounted the radiator outside of the case instead of on the inside. Things you should check are....
1) Make sure the system is full of the coolant and there are no air bubbles in the system

2) No kinks in any of the tubing (I have noticed the tubes coming out of the pump kink very easily)

3)Radiator fan blowing in proper direction

4) Make sure the water block is mounted properly

ok... so there're no kinks and the radiator fan is blowing in the proper direction.
how can i be sure that the water block is mounted properly?
and, i didnt fill the pump full. should i do that? or is it enough that the water level is above the "LOW" line? (cuz that's the way it's now)

in addition. i placed two thermaltake 80mm fans in the front-blowing into the case and one fan on the side blowing into the case.
thanks for help.
Blood
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:47:04    Post Subject: Great system Reply with quote View Single Post

I had purchased a thermaltake air system and it was WAY TOO LOUD!! The fan sounded like a hair dryer. Then i decided to look at watercooling, and im really glad that i got it. The Bigwater system works well, i also opted for the VGA cooler (It'll fit anyone's VGA) I have a thermaltake shark case and it's made for it. The only problem ive found is that my case door wont close when the radiator is on the outside but oh well. I recently switched my liquid to water+waterwetter+glycol. I tried waterwetter with the stock liquid and it gelatized (friggin weird). The new liquid works great and it way cheaper than buying more of the stock stuff.
If your worried about the stuff leaking dont worry its pretty safe. The screw things used to attach the tubes HOLD THEM! they're actualy kinda hard to get off. It comes with alot of tubing, it does kink, but if you make wide arks then it'll be fine. get the tubing with the spring in it if you can, it doesnt kink.
Lastly make sure you get good paste, and dont apply it too thick. Why buy a water sytem over a hundred and spoil it with cheap paste.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: