Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
what a shocker today at the gas station !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:47:09    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$1.99 on my street today!! Laughing
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Enforcer
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:20:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

$2.69 for the cheap stuff right now, I cannot fill my tank on a single credit transaction since most stations have an artifical cap at $50.00.

I expect the peak this summer in California to occur at around $3.15 with a prolonged fight right before $3.00

Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:47:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

JimBowy wrote:
Asylum wrote:
JimBowy wrote:
Don't forget gas goes bad after so long.

I'm sure Spire knows how long it is "good."

Actually gasoline does not go "bad" but if you let it sit for long enough the container its in will collect condensate which makes it seem bad. Grin

I don't think so Asylum....

I believe gas will eventually get gummy with age. Condensation can be a problem (example: cars stored for the winter w/o a full tank). Spire!??!

Rolling Eyes

BTW I work at the same refinery as Spire.

If gasoline is stored in a completely sealed container, it will not go bad. however i was not completely clear earlier, evaporation is the other factor that can ruin gasoline. the lighter molecules blended in gasoline will evaporate faster than the heavier molecules leaving a "gummy" residue.
JimBowy

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:48:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Asylum wrote:
JimBowy wrote:
Asylum wrote:
JimBowy wrote:
Don't forget gas goes bad after so long.

I'm sure Spire knows how long it is "good."

Actually gasoline does not go "bad" but if you let it sit for long enough the container its in will collect condensate which makes it seem bad. Grin

I don't think so Asylum....

I believe gas will eventually get gummy with age. Condensation can be a problem (example: cars stored for the winter w/o a full tank). Spire!??!

Rolling Eyes

BTW I work at the same refinery as Spire.

If gasoline is stored in a completely sealed container, it will not go bad. however i was not completely clear earlier, evaporation is the other factor that can ruin gasoline. the lighter molecules blended in gasoline will evaporate faster than the heavier molecules leaving a "gummy" residue.

Doh!

Assylum is a spy! Laughing
Cool dude thanks for the lesson Wave

Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 23:18:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I concur with Asylum...

Pump gasoline is made up of a blend of many hydrocarbons. When gasoline sits in air, it indeed will seem to have seperated. THe butanes and propanes included int eh blend with evaporate first, leaving the heavy (or persistant we call them) components in place. This action lowers the REID vapor pressure of the gas and makes it harder to vaporise as it enters the combustion chamber.

This is also the real difference in winter blend and summer blend gasolines. If you used winter blend in summer you would vapor lock. Summer blend in winter, you would have problems vaporizing.

Enough science for now.

I saw a no name station today selling a reg gallon for $2.69.

A barrel of Crude is $50.49 as of close fo business Friday!!!
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:51:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

its 198 like 15 miles from my house.... still to far to be that good

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:07:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Spire wrote:
This is also the real difference in winter blend and summer blend gasolines. If you used winter blend in summer you would vapor lock. Summer blend in winter, you would have problems vaporizing.

Kwel... I didn't know there was that much of a difference. I thought the only difference was that they oxygenated it more in winter than summer.

Of course Ca has the most unique formula, so that's why Ca gets phucked the most.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 13:07:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Prices must be on the way down... the place that was 2.03 for me was 1.99 yesterday... today it is 1.97!! Just chop 1.00 off that I'll be really happy! Laughing
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:01:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

lol then imma buy like a 1000 gallons

i was going to buy a few thousand dollars worth of gas when it starting going past 150 wow do i regret that now lol

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:17:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ITS THE SAME FWEAKIN WEATHER HERE ALL THE TIME!!!!....the only difference between witner and summer is it rains maby 3 times a month in winter with a few occasional light storms...and in summer it doesnt rain but the temp never goes above 100...i am sure they can use the same blends...our record cold was like 15 degrees...and that was at nighttime Laughing .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: