Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
what a shocker today at the gas station !
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:57:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

imthinkingof getting a croch (spelling) rocket so i can get through summer on like 20 bux worth of gas lol

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:27:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

[quote="Tech-Daddy"]
vulcan wrote:
$6.68USD/gal of gas.

And we complain about $2.50....
but then, we also have the freedom to drive big vehicles wit hbig engines! And our infrastructure is much more developed for distribution of fuel, so that helps to keep our costs down.

HOWEVER... next time *we* feel like this is out of control, let us take a moment of silence and feel for our buds over hte pond, whose gas is COMPLETELY out of control.

The problem in Europe that causes such high prices on gas isn't infrastructure, or any such physical issues. It's governmental.... TAXES! Their taxes on each gallon (well liter) is several times the price of the gas. OPEC rightfully complains that it is the one that bears all the burden for price increases, when in truth the governments (specially in Europe) are the ones that make the most money on the gas.
Tech-Daddy
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:04:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

All too true...

I hear the other day that the crude oil prices in OPEC were not the driving cause behind price spikes... it's the petrolium manufacturers not keeping up with production. We can get the oil, not a problem... but refining it to usable product.... *that* was where the breakdown was...

I had never heard that.

Anyone else heard that?

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:19:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

From what I understand that's part of the "problem", it's really bad in Ca.

I also think it's at least partly an artificial problem the Oil companies are creating to drive up their profits.

Let's face it, when was the last time you went to a gas station to find a "out of gas today" sign?? There is plenty of gas out there.
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:12:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Dreggs wrote:
Spire wrote:
Then you were driving either right through the middle of or just to the left of my (and Asylum's) Refinery.

Used to be the Tosco Refinery on Solano way, the one closest to the weapons station. Too funny...

Ahhh yes, the moneymaker.......................

... or as we like to call it DA CHA CHING!!!

Good to see you come by now and then Dtex... I forgot the name change, took me a minute to figure out who you were!!!
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:42:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

1/2 tank for 20$$ at 2.50$ ish per gallon.
Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:52:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

FOX wrote:
imthinkingof getting a croch (spelling) rocket so i can get through summer on like 20 bux worth of gas lol

The majority of people that would purchase a crotch rocket are generally irresponsible and do not drive their brand new motorcycle in a manner that befits caution and safety and as such, they die. THis is cool with me, it gets them off the road but it's bad because then everyone thinks that motorcycles are death traps. SO, Mr. Fox, if you must get a crotch rocket, please take BOTH the basic and the advanced safety courses and ride responsibly so that I can keep cruising on my Vstar. And, FYI, I get 50 mpg and my nuts aren't being crushed in to the tank. King
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:03:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here's my next bike.... Love

BC-HOG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.16 KB
 Viewed:  258 Time(s)

BC-HOG.jpg

FOX
I <3 Quail

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:10:29    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yea i would definently take all the courses for it.. however i race snowmobiles i have a race modified jetski and i do the quad thing... im !@#* nuts... i also do sum other stuff in cars but thats a whole nother debate... the only reason i dont have one now is that i fear that im going to ride it like the rest of my toys... i live too much for the adrenaline rushes that i get from those things.... id wear the full protective outfit and everything ....i just keep running into ppl whove had accidents on them and lost like fingers, legs... scarred up... just not appealing to me...

http://www.facebook.com/DjFOXDnB
My site where I have my latest mixes! www.DjSourceInfo.com
Asylum
Joshzilla

PostPosted: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:15:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

A guy at work just came back from breaking his back on a crotch rocket. he was out for ~3months+ sounds pretty painful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> The Den All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: