Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:28:34    Post Subject: Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case Reply with quote View Single Post

The Armor case offers a great amount of space, many convenient features, and a style that is truly unique. As with all Thermaltake cases, the quality and construction are superb, and the finish makes this a case worth showing off. The inclusion of features to simplify the use of water cooling is a nice touch, and one that I hope to see included on more cases down the road. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:42:58; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

unholy
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:05:49    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

GIVE ME nice case, has it troubles but looks VERY NOICE

Specs,
AMD Athlon 64 (Winchester) 3000+
Mushkin 512 PC3200 CAS 222 Level 2 V2 or
OCZ EL DDR GOld VX (2x512) 2-3-3-8 @ normal, and 2-2-2-8 @ v3.2
GA-K8N Ultra SLi
GA-x600pro (128mb)
a piece of crap hdd
evilburl
Canadian eh

PostPosted: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 14:25:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have been looking at cases for some time now. I have been discouraged because most are too flashy and have something added that dosent appeal to me. This one seems to be a winner in my eye. I can easly look past your cons,, but not the price,,, Im cheap lol Wave

PMS stands for:Perissable Man-Slaughter, Preposterous Mood Swings, or Punish My Spouse
rectro
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:22:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well writen review and fair of its rating.

Just wondered how a 1/2" water cooled system would fit in there as the drive cage seems to take some base room of the tower up.

Id like to know what the dimentions are of the avalible space of the bottom of the case is? Im water cooled with 1/2" danger den CPU, Chipset and GPU.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:41:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, thanks, and welcome!

I ditched the drive cage with the water cooling installed, but that was only to use the radiator up front. There was plenty of room for the Eheim pump in there, but I can measure and provide a rough idea of what it might be like with 1/2" stuff... Asetek Power Kit (versus the 3/8" Innovatek kit).
rectro
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:42:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Big Bruin wrote:
Hi, thanks, and welcome!

I ditched the drive cage with the water cooling installed, but that was only to use the radiator up front. There was plenty of room for the Eheim pump in there, but I can measure and provide a rough idea of what it might be like with 1/2" stuff... Asetek Power Kit (versus the 3/8" Innovatek kit).

That would be great if you could provide that info. At the moment I have my pc in my custom built acrylic tower which is huge that holds my dual heatcore at the front but still like the idear of having it more secure and in a more mobile tower unlike my current.

click here my tower
clerick
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:52:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey thanks for the review!! I have a couple of questions if you dont mind. On some websites i've seen air cooling in the front of the case, and was wondering: If i have 2 Hd's, and 2 dvd/rw drives, will there be any room left for me to install the 120mm fan? And if its possible to mount one, any idea if two will fit? Thanks!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:49:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi clerick... Thanks for posting. Not only with your Q, but also for reminding me about rectro's! Laughing

The front of the case has the 1 120mm cooling fan, and as I say in the review, the design is kind of disappointing. The fan mounts to a hard drive cage, and can only be used if the hard drive cage is used. So, with the 1 120mm fan you would have room for 3x HDDs and 6x (or 7x minus the storage drawer) optical drives... Or combination of drives if you had 3.5" to 5.25" adaptors. The problem is, without the hard drive cage there is no easy way to mount any fans. You would have to get creative to use more than the one.

For rectro... sorry for the delay. The open area on the bottom of the case measure @ 14" deep x 7.5" wide. The depth is measured from the back edge of the drive rack up front to the back of the case.

Here are some pics with my two (uninstalled) water cooling kits, just as a size reference. Innovatek XXS kit, and a Asetek Power Kit (but with a 2x 80mm radiator)... There really is a good amount of room, even without going into the drive rack area.
clerick
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:42:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks for replying!! Looks like I got some modding to do when i get the case. Oh and another question if you don't mind: How are the door flaps mounted? They look really useless and im thinking of actually removing them... Any ideas? Thanks again!
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:53:59    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

They are useless! They don't conceal anything and they don't have any mechanism to hold them closed... They have hinges in the corners, and I considered removing them too, except the area that would be exposed around the hinges is even uglier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: