Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:41:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

For such a big case it doesn't appear to have enough room that I'd desire. I'm looking for my next box either the armor case or the CM stacker. The armor case is nicer looking in general, but the Stacker is freakin' huge.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:50:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I believe the Stacker is based on the same chassis. I read that on another forum.

Should be the same size.
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:56:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'm looking forward to playing with water cooling, and the stacker has the room for two PSU's making the bottom plently of space for radiator, pump, reservoir ect... the armor case doesn't. I could then place a mirror for looks or just a piece of wood over the bottom so nobody can see anything but the tubes going to the CPU ect.
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:33:58    Post Subject: Intake DriveBay Fans Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, in your review of the Thermaltake Armor Full Tower
Case, you stated that you were unable to use the front intake fan. I wasn't so sure on your explanation on why it wouldn't fit/work. If you could provide better details that would be awesome, also I have an Extended ATX motherboard with at least ONE FULL SIZE PCI card, its a dual xeon motherboard, is this going to be an issue with this case. I know it says that it supports extended ATX, but wasn't sure if you could use the drive bays there then or not? The motherboard is 12" x 13"

Thanks so much

Thanks & have a wonderful day

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:39:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, welcome.

The front intake fan doesn't work, only if you remove the 3 bay drive cage it is attached to. I didn't really want the drive cage, but have to keep it in so I can use the fan. That was the only issue. I would prefer the fan mount to the frame of the case, not this drive cage.

As far as extended ATX... other than looking at the specs and the overall space available, I have no reference. I say it should be fine. Tt does, as well! Grin
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:54:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Awesome, I do agree they should have designed something else other then the drive cage to hold the fan. Thanks for fast response.

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 22:59:53    Post Subject: Thermaltake Armor RightSide Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

I've seen a whole bunch of different pics of the Armor case, however no one has mentioned anything about the right side of the case (if looking at it).

My questions are... is there a panel on that side that comes off, like on most other "normal" cases, or is that side one solid piece so there's no way to get to the backside of the motherboard, and or the "right" side of the 5.25 drive bays to secure with screws?

Last edited by squee on Wed, 25 May 2005 23:04:41; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:03:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The 'other' side does come off. Held on by two screws. The side is just one large, flat sheet of metal... no handle, louvers, decoration, etc...
squee
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:35:33    Post Subject: Armor Full Tower Case Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi, according to the specs on the website it lists this case at 16.2Kg other wards 35.6 pounds?

However the VB1000 Middle Tower Soprano Series is only listed at 9.6kg (21.2lb)

So what i'm asking is the Armor really 35.6 pounds, cause that seems f#*@ing heavy, and i'm looking to upgrade case but downgrade on weight and my current case weighs 30 pounds ( http://www.calpc.com/catalog/4u-8bay.html )

Andrew [Squee]
Pay It Forward --->
.:: Pay It Forward Philadelphia ::.
http://www.leadershipinc.org/payitforward.html
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:21:17    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It is pretty heavy... I think the bulk of it is steel, and at that size I would guess that is a fair extimate of the empty weight.

The other case I am using right now is smaller (an Enermax server-type), and is also steel... it weighs in at around 45 lbs empty!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: