Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Thermaltake Armor VA8000 Tower Case 
Doctor Feelgood
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:49:45    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Hi clerick... Thanks for posting. Not only with your Q, but also for reminding me about rectro's! Laughing

The front of the case has the 1 120mm cooling fan, and as I say in the review, the design is kind of disappointing. The fan mounts to a hard drive cage, and can only be used if the hard drive cage is used. So, with the 1 120mm fan you would have room for 3x HDDs and 6x (or 7x minus the storage drawer) optical drives... Or combination of drives if you had 3.5" to 5.25" adaptors. The problem is, without the hard drive cage there is no easy way to mount any fans. You would have to get creative to use more than the one.

For rectro... sorry for the delay. The open area on the bottom of the case measure @ 14" deep x 7.5" wide. The depth is measured from the back edge of the drive rack up front to the back of the case.

Here are some pics with my two (uninstalled) water cooling kits, just as a size reference. Innovatek XXS kit, and a Asetek Power Kit (but with a 2x 80mm radiator)... There really is a good amount of room, even without going into the drive rack area.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved