Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
IPOD Speaker systems?
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:47:09    Post Subject: IPOD Speaker systems? Reply with quote View Single Post

I am looking for a nice speaker system for my IPOD 30G w/video. I want somehting that has the following features:

- Remote control
- Good quality sound to fill a room
- Good amount of volume but does nto have to be earth shattering
- Somethign that is worth the price.

What are your suggestions. Everyhitng I read is mixed.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Kilamon
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:54:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

watch the woot. It's just a matter of time before some other iPod accessory is listed.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:59:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

watch the what???
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:28:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

www.woot.com - they have huge deals. issue is they have one item per day.

I have no experience to help otherwise, but that is what Kilamon was talking about.
mrweasel
I can haz cheezbrgr?

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:54:02    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

iPod HiFi is awesome, but it is $350.

The Altec Lansing inMotion is also very good and can be had for ~$150 online. Not sure about the remote though

Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:30:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Sorry, thought everyone knew about woot... You can check the past woots at http://www.woot.com/Forums/ShowSaleForum.aspx and on April 13th they had a kensington speaker dock for iPod. They have iCrap pretty regularly. They should be due for one soon.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:18:10    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Do you guys know anyhting about the following speakers:

1) Sound Scale II iPod 2.1 Speaker System w/remote ($80 on overstock)

2) iBlast Speaker System no remote ($55 overstock)

3) Speaker W/ Remote Control & Dock Station for iPod ($63 Overstock)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 18 May 2006 08:37:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I had an epiffany last night. Was lookign at the Bose and other higher end systems. Then I thought to myself with my schedule and what not would I realyl be using the speaker system all that much. And I guess my answer is that I would use it but not enought o justify a $300 price tag. So I still want speakers and I still want a remote but I guess I am goign to look more on the lower cost end of the spectrum $150 and below.

Did see a interesting set of speakers at Best Buy yesterday. Was smaller and had to small tower like speakers (with 3-4 round speakers in each tower) and they were attached to the middle base where the IPOD sat. Above the Ipod was a LCD type screen that looks like will actualyl scroll the neam of the song across the top so it is eaiser to see and read. Was 170 bucks and I have nver heard or it or actually heard it play. Liked it but it is a lot of cash to drop on somehting I can't even hear.

Sill lookign for any input on:

1) Sound Scale II iPod 2.1 Speaker System w/remote ($80 on overstock)

2) iBlast Speaker System no remote ($55 overstock)

3) Speaker W/ Remote Control & Dock Station for iPod ($63 Overstock)
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:17:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I purchased the Sound Scale II iPod 2.1 Speaker System w/remote from overstock,. It was around $80. Went whit that cause I figured I would nto use the thing on a dail basis and I dod nto want to drop $200+ for one of the higher end systems.

Let me tell you I received this in the mail and opened the box. The sub was somwhat big, not huge but a nice size. but it felt flimsy and as I turned it upside down the speaker seemd to shift within the base. I think it is lose in there. Not sure if it is supposed to be or not.

Then I opened the sattelite speakes up and saw how super small they were. I mean I thought they would ne 3 times as big.

So I thouight what everybody would- what a piece of crap - there is no way this thing is goign to even be close to what I want.

Holy crap was I suprised. The little thing rocks. I mean it is not perfect and the sound quality is not perfect but it is dam good for an $80 syste. It is loud and does not distort at higher volume. Maybe at the highest settign but I will not listen to it at that settign anyway. The remote also rocks cause it controls volume, trebbile, bass, track, stop/play/pause, system off, ipod off, mute.

Seriously I was very happily suprised by this little system. Jsut wanted to let you all know.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:09:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I stand corrected. Today the cures of the speaker hiss has hit my new speakers.

It is strange cause if I pause the system the hiss goes away then I start it and for 10 seconds the music sounds great. THen about 10 seconds in I get this hiss that is jsut always there. As soon as I pause it or turn it on and off the hiss goes away. But like clockwork 10 seconds in it starts again.

Jsut can't buy anything quality from Overstock.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Consumer Electronics All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: