Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Help me buy a new router
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:25:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

my parents get mad at me when i fix thier pc....so they yell at me to stop playin CS:S and make me show them how to backup the registry so they can defrag...i dont know why they want me to backup the registry but whatever i will humor them...so appearntly i do it too fast and dont explain enough because they want to "learn how to do it"...they will forget in 2 days gaurenteed...so then she makes me do it again and she says i didnt tell her enough again so then she gets even madder and makes me do it all myself...and that is the most reicent i have loads of stories that play out the same way Bang Head ...i hate being ym families "techno geek" <---thats what my mom calls me.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Digital Eclipse
Rated R

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:03:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have a linksys and dont have any problems. I got a small 5 port switch and that thing somehow went crazy and kept screwing up the DHCP on the router. If I couldnt get a Cicso I would do what DE said and get that Newer Linksys and upgrade that firmware. As far as Linux Coyote Linux is pretty cool. I saw Dud3's setup with IPCop and that is pretty slick also.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:56:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just use a Linksys that I got from my friend for free and it works just fine, and as long as it keeps working I'll just sty with it, never had any problems

Hackzor, you have no idea how annoying being the families tech guy can be, my parents never remember anything and blame the tiniest little things that happen on me because apparently "always screwing with the computers, which they have just the way they like them", take into account that I never use these computers unless I'm asked by them to fix a problem.

also it's my fault when my parents can't log onto their e-mail when they screw up the password too many times

Last edited by BeerLotus on Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:46:44; edited 1 time in total
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 01:01:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

please i haev my dad, my mom, and my grandparents...i built my dads pc and reformatted it 2 times and saved his info countless times yet i am not allowed to use it because he says after i use it he has viruses... Bang Head whatever...and BL i have an idea what its like to be a family techie read my post ^^ up there.
BeerLotus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:01:20    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I just thought you hadn't really seen how annoying it can be, while I have to deal with the same problems as you I'm also blamed for somehow destroying a computer I havn't touched in over a year, I'm not even allowed to touch the other computers in the house because I somehow "fill them up with viruses and adware" I have to walk them through every repair and explain what the hell I'm trying to do. I've had to explain how to get on the internet 7 times..... 7 TIMES!!! how dense can people be its a very simple idea, once they get on they're like excited little children clicking every link and looking at every random little thing they see while completely ignoring what I try to tell them. I have a sister who thinks she knows everything about computers and doesn't know crap yet seems to be getting this reputation as the new computer genius because her boyfriend is a computer geek.
knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:42:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have (2) Cisco 2620XM routers that AT&T refuses to send me a return shipping address for.. lol Maybe one will dissappear. Grin
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 17:47:08    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hehehe.. Keep that bad boy. I like the 2620's. Very nice little routers.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

knight0334
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:51:14    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

no use for either of them. got a Cisco 3900 in use now.. lol
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:55:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well if you dont know what to do with them i would be more than happy to take one Grin .
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:13:13    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

knight0334 wrote:
no use for either of them. got a Cisco 3900 in use now.. lol

3900??? You've got a token ring switch?? Laughing You mean 3600? Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: