Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
HELP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:12:44    Post Subject: HELP Reply with quote View Single Post

my dad is a photographer and uses his pc to download pics off his digital cameras onto his pc then he burns them to dvd...and we cannot get usb 2.0 working...we downloaded service pack 2 and no usb devices work at all...nothing it doesnt even recognize its plugged in...the device does light up but other than that nothing...his mobo supports 2.0...his devices support 2.0...and we are out of ideas...we have talked with microsoft and we got a beta hotfix that didnt help anything...i was wondering if you could give some insight...please anything will help because if i cant get it working by sunday then i am going to delete service pack 2 and put usb back to 1.1.

thanks
hackaX0rus

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 28 May 2005 00:28:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I will shoot some things off the top of my head, but with out knowing what kind of system your Dad has, I'm just shoot'n in the dark

1) Try booting into safe mode and removing all USB related devices from device manager. Then reboot and let them all get reinstalled.

2) Download & Install the latest drivers from the system/motherboard/chipset manufactures website.

3) Buy an add in card, the on-board may have gone bad.
HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:29:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

number 1 was the fix...the tech support guy did told me to do it and i did it in regular mode...i feel so vial actually reverting to tech support... Bang Head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: