0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't use it, don't want to use it
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:20:03    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Here are browser stats for January... Lot more Mozilla use than a year ago.

browsers.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.88 KB
 Viewed:  10154 Time(s)

browsers.gif

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

ups4
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:47:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Been trying Firefox off and on since ver. .08.
Tried every tweak and suggestion in their forums to make it work properly, but it just doesn't.
I have no security issues with IE6 so far.
I just need a browser that will work with any and every page I may decide to visit. I agree with Dr. EvilCheese. I find it very frustrating to have only part of the page load with broken pictures and stuff.
This is not acceptable to me.
I know that the issue is with the scripting being IE exclusive. "It's not Firefox, it's the site." I've heard that so many times I could spit Crazy
I don't care whose fault it is that the page won't display. Just let me see what I am trying to see....that's all I ask.
I will continue to check in with Firefox and review any updates, but until it works like I want it...I'm sticking with what works.

Paul
________
No2 Vaporizer

Last edited by ups4 on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:41:43; edited 1 time in total
thePMG
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:33:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

hmmm, I wonder if I'm most of that 1.61% for Safari.
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:38:54    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Quote:
I have no security issues with IE6 so far.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Sorry just giving you a hard time but really if you are using IE you have security issues to think otherwise is dangerous.
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:48:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ahem... All Browsers But IE At Risk To New Spoofing Scheme

Quote:
A newly uncovered vulnerability in most browsers can allow hackers to spoof the URL displayed in the address bar and the SSL certificate, a security firm warned Monday. The one exception? Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Danish security company Secunia posted an alert describing the vulnerability -- which affects Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Konqueror -- as a moderately critical problem. The vulnerability impacts every browser built atop the open-source Geko browser kernel -- nearly all except IE -- because of a flaw in handling International Domain Names (IDN).

The vulnerability has been confirmed in the latest version of Firefox, v. 1.0, as well as in Mozilla 1.7.5, Opera 7.54u1, Opera 7.54u2, Safari 1.2.4, Konqueror 3.2.2, and Netscape 7.2. Other editions of these browsers, however, may also be at risk, said Secunia, which posted an online test on its Web site: http://secunia.com/multiple_browsers_idn_spoofing_test/
dadx2mj
Happy Camper

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:42:40    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Well I guess there is a first time for every thing!!! I am sure there are security holes in just about every app out there including my beloved Firefox but I doubt anyone will argue that IE is the leader of the pack when it comes to security holes.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:17:47    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would....

I would say IE is the most EXPLOITED. One things like FireFox gets more popular... it will start to gain ground for security holes. Might even end up passing IE because at least MS is used to fixing bug/security holes.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

HackaX0rus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:09:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I live by firefox. I fell in love with it back in its firebird stages and havent looked back since.
*fun fact* there is a terror alert level plugin for it if you look on the plugins page is freakin awesome. Laughing

vulcan
Pleased but Sticky.

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:08:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I spent most of today helping the IT dept remove IE and install Firefox as part of our big security clampdown (moving off windows 98 would be a start). So, everything seems to be working with no support calls!
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:13:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Bang Head Never mind... I need to pay more attention to things..... Crazy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: