Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
troubling alarm
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:45:36    Post Subject: troubling alarm Reply with quote View Single Post

My geek ex-roommate installed MotherBoard Monitor5 on my computer a while back. Since then, it's been setting off an alarm inside my tower for no reason from time to time (seriously...I've checked the stats). (sometimes there's a reason, but this is a moot point.)
I deided to uninstall it, but the bastards didn't give me any means to do so, so I deleted it's files.
Now, the damn alarm STILL goes off.
What can I do?
Will downloading & reinstalling the file help? Will there be an uninstall option this time around?
Can I at least turn the damn alarm off?

I live in a boarding house, & the old guys in the house start banging the walls with their canes every time it alarms. HELP ME!! PLEASE!!
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:30:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

ok...

new problem...

someone told me to reinstall, then uninstall.

problem is, it won't finish installing 'til I tell it what type of motherboard i have.

How do I find out? (there are 1100 choices) Confused
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:35:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The only way to see what kind of motherboard you have is to open the side of the case and take a look at the actual motherboard.

Somewhere there will be a manufacturer name and model number.

Sometimes its in between the PCI slots, sometimes its next to the CPU.
miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:17:56    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Got it! Thanks!
(Now I know what a motherboard looks like!) Banana
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:03:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Did you solve the entire problem with the alarm?
miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:12:43    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

errr....

hmmm...

i haven't thought of that. I hope so. I reinstalled, then uninstalled. So far, the alarm hasn't gone off, but it really only went off from time to time.

I guess time will tell. I'll be back, if so....
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:23:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

IF you get the alarm again, its probably being generated by your motherboard itself.

The BIOS has alarms that can be set to go off if your processor is getting too hot, voltages go low or high, etc...

In case you dont know BIOS, this would be the screens you get into by hitting DELETE just as you turn on the machine.

If you do know BIOS, sorry for the rudimentary discription!!!

Let us know, we can go through that with no problem too.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 01:36:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

MUCH appreciated.

I kinda know about the existence of BIOS, but that's it. My only computer skills lie in the world of video production.
My computer was custom built by a bona-fide geek for the purpose, so he installed 4 fans on the thing, knowing I was gonna go overboard. It might not be a heat issue, but what do I know?

In the meantime, is there any way to turn the volume down on my tower speaker, in case the alarm goes off again? That sucker is LOUD, man!

thanks again...This has been a really helpful site.... I tried looking for help on other forums, only to get dumped on for being a 'noob'....
Spire
Hall Pass B!tch!!!

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:03:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

You cant turn down the volume, but that doesnt mean you cant very easily unplug it...

FInd the speaker, follow the wires to the Motherboard, note where it plugs in, and unplug it... easy enough.

But be careful, if you have those alarms still going off, it means something is wrong.

Let me know if it goes off now that MB monitor is uninstalled.

Come to think about it, I dont think MBM uses the system speaker.

I bet you are having issues with some hardware...

Time will tell...
miketv
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 02:26:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

....crap....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: