Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Antec 1200 finally coming, priced reasonably
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digerati
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 03:10:45    Post Subject: Antec 1200 finally coming, priced reasonably Reply with quote View Single Post

Hexus has reviewed the case, here.

Someone at Canadian retailer NCIX dug up an Antec 1200 on special order for about $170. It seems like it's pretty reasonably priced, considering metal prices have caused price increases recently.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

=CDU=Above
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 03:57:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

That case is FANtastic!!

Nice review. I like the fact that they beveled the top and placed the USB, mic, headphone and the eSATA in front. Placing them on top or the side makes it hard for those that have their case inside a desk.
Like the fan, filter, HDD set up as well.

Not a bad price for that case. I'd say it's worth about that...maybe $20 cheaper.

www.cduclan.com
Shadowsilence
I <3 Chevrolet

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:58:11    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I love my Antec 900. I'd get the 1200 if I needed a new case in a heartbeat.
Crisis
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:04:31    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hmm a full tower 900? That should be much better. The 900 was much too tight for people that swap hardware frequently. I'm glad Antec has thought out cable management a bit more than the previous 900 by making some holes in the tray.
sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:46:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Not a bad looking case I guess, but its not a cube, what a shame..........Wink
timberwolf
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:26:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

=CDU=Above wrote:
That case is FANtastic!!

Nice review. I like the fact that they beveled the top and placed the USB, mic, headphone and the eSATA in front. Placing them on top or the side makes it hard for those that have their case inside a desk.
Like the fan, filter, HDD set up as well.

Not a bad price for that case. I'd say it's worth about that...maybe $20 cheaper.

I feel the same about the price. I'm sure there will be a deal or a rebate along the way too.
edvallie
Put Beer Here

PostPosted: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:37:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Shadowsilence wrote:
I love my Antec 900. I'd get the 1200 if I needed a new case in a heartbeat.

Antec cases are definately worth the money if you've got the cash for one of them. I've been running my system inside an Antec since 06' Black Friday Smile

Little Bruin
Boo Boo

SpeedZone
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 04:09:07    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Great case indeed. Great look, Great cooling, Great front panel position,etc... Wink

There is only one drawback (at least for me)...and those are external dimensions (513x213x582 - d/w/h). Sad I would say the same as Hexus said...pretty average. Rolling Eyes

While width and height dont matter that much to me - so 213 and 582 would still be somehow satisfying...but on the other side...it would be much better if it was deeper...at least some 550mm deep....or 600....the more the better...because we all know how hard can it be sometimes to install i.e. new graphics cards....new coolers...to try to nicely arrange cables...to install/remove mobo...etc...etc...etc...so the more space there is back there...the better. Grin Wink

I know that this probably wouldnt bother jedihobbit - the king of building nanocomputers King Laughing , but some of us who are still working at giga scale...we prefer to have enough space there to park a truck inside if needed. Crazy Grin

Wave

CoolZone
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:02:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It looks a lot like the 900 version,but I hope it is not that loud!
Exilon
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:30:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

CoolZone wrote:
It looks a lot like the 900 version,but I hope it is not that loud!
Looking at the number of fans on that thing, it probably will be as loud as the 900 case.

I wish the top exhaust had a shroud around it through. It looks a bit ugly.
________
Fix Ps3

Last edited by Exilon on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:47:38; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: