Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
RaidMax X1 ATX Gaming Case
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:33:27    Post Subject: RaidMax X1 ATX Gaming Case Reply with quote View Single Post

Raidmax continues to impress by offering unique, high quality items at a reasonable price. The Raidmax X1 case is no different... The X1 isn't as flashy as some of the recent "gaming" cases, but does retain enough of the "gaming" case feel with the front LCD, hidden drive bays, and a beautiful side panel. - The Review

Last edited by Doctor Feelgood on Tue, 02 May 2006 16:40:57; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

steelo64
Rated PG

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 04:16:39    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hello

In the RaidMax X1 case review I can see the cooler on the CPU says 4 Freezer (thats all I can make out). What is it and what brand. Do you have a review for it, etc... If the name is written in the the review, I am sorry as I only breezed over it and didn't see any mention. Thanks
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:54:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi steelo64, welcome. Here i a link to the full review of that cooler:

http://www.bigbruin.com/reviews05/freezer64/
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:39:38    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

The Freezer64 has been a favorite of mine since I originally got it. I've had no issues with it, and it's very quiet. It would make a great choice for any box.
Cptrossco
Rated PG

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:05:28    Post Subject: Front LCD panel on the Raidmax X1 Reply with quote View Single Post

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a Raidmax X1 and having difficulty with the front real-time temp display not working well at all!

When I first turn on the computer the display is lit up but doesn't give any readings at all for ages !! I have to wait till windows starts up and use the computer for awhile before I get any reading.
Is there a delay that others have noticed...is it s'posed to work like this??

I thought it would start after pressing the power button ??.....all I get for the temp is 88.8E...until it starts working. (Note: NZ version gets Celsius readout and better PSU)

Once its reading correctly it seems to hold the setting alright for reboots.
Do I have a faulty display perhaps?

Thanks
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:34:12    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

It's possible you do have a faulty display, because mine starts to report the temperature within a second or two. Well before it gets even to booting Windows XP. It's especially curious if it holds the temperature through reboots. What about if you turn it off for a second, then turn it back on?

That's good to know about the NZ case. I would prefer to have it displayed in Celsius, but understand that the majority of the US doesn't look at temperatures in Celsius.
Cptrossco
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 04:16:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thanks Hellfire !

I build computers all the time as a side business and really felt that the tests I had done suggested that I should obtain another LCD display. This was however the first time I have purchased a Raidmax case so I'm not completely familiar with any issues such as this.

Well talk about prompt !!...the new display arrived this morning !!

I fitted the new display in the door no problem , it was quite easy to get at.
Now I held my breath when I started it up !!...I turned the power switch on and I got a little 'beep' and the display registered the temperature perfectly !!

What a difference !!

It works perfectly now every time so the other one was definetly faulty.

Interesting that I did receive a reply email from Raidmax as well and they suggested that it might be faulty as well and to check that there were no loose wires .

Hope this helps anyone else who might have the same problem !
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:34:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Great! Glad to hear it's all fixed, and you're back up and running with a good display! I know a faulty display would bug me to no end...
GfµnK
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:59:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I recently got one of these cases, and I must say I am very pleased with it, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the front display to work. I have all the normal front connections hooked up (USB, audio, basic switches and HDD LED) and have the temp gauge where I would like it, but the two 3-pin connectors confuse me as to what to do. I recognized the one instantly as a 3-pin fan style connector, but am I supposed to hook that up to a fan, or to the PSU using a molex - 3 pin adaptor? Also, what is the other, smaller 3-pin connector for?

I just really like the case, but I would like to be able to enjoy it to the fullest with the display functioning.
hawk_eye
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 07:04:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Hey - I have the NZ version of the X1 case, and I have a problem with my front dial... everything is working fine, but for some reason my fan icon is not lighting up or working at all... I presume this is because it is not plugged in. Can someone run me through exactly what wires to look for, and where to plug them in?

I'm not a computer builder, so try not to confuse me with computer terms Grin Any help would be appreciated Smile

And - feel free to add me to msn or email me, just tell me who you are and what forum your from. Cheers, Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: