Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
View Single Post  Topic: Obama Wants DTV Switch Postponed Until June 12 
Grayheart
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:10:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote

Yes $1 billion for coupons is a lot of money, but it is only made possible because of the digital conversion and it came out of the almost $20 billion they received from auctioned off the extra spectrum. Think of it this way, if the government did not 'force' a digital conversion, we won't have to spend $1 billion for the coupons, but we also won't received almost $20 billion, so the net is a big fat zero for doing nothing, not to mention still watching crappy black & white TV (j/k) versus getting $16-$17 billion even after paying for all of the expenses for the conversion and watching crystal clear free HD TV, which one would you choose, hmmm.... I wonder $0 + black & white TV or $16 billion and HD TV?

borschtBomber[SS] wrote:
Well seeing as how efficient the government is with our money giving them more doesn't make me feel any better. Guess I'm just pissed at all the wasted money and see these 'coupons' as another.

Contact Us :: On Facebook :: On Youtube :: Newsletter :: RSS Feed :: FAQ :: Links :: Sponsors :: Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2000 - 2023 Bigbruin.com - All rights reserved