Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Build with dfi lanparty dk 790fxb-m3h5
Choices
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djw746
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:26:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

i read your reviews, and have seen quite a few have installation issues, but this cooler is down to $10+$8 for shipping with combo and it seems difficult to beat at that price (provided it works). I agree for full price there is better but at under $20? I would still like to hear your opinion if this is just a cooler to avoid at all price points.

I also still have the Noctua NH-U12P in my cart but I am not sure a 12 cm fan will fit in the lian mid-size...

Anyone have any idea how to deduce this without owning the case? I may decide to go without cooler for the first couple of weeks, measure, and order then.
motanacu wrote:
Nice win. Why not go with Intel?Sell the MB and buy one and go for Intel

I don't really know anyone looking for one, but I suppose if someone makes a good offer, I would consider it.

As far as the 4770 is concerned. If you can find one, post link here... I came up with nothing in more than 15 online retailers. But if you catch one with fresh shipments let me know. It is a great non-AA/AF card.

Last edited by djw746 on Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:29:01; edited 1 time in total
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:36:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would say that if you have a stock cooler that you might be better off saving that $10 on the n520.

This one gets good reviews, and is rather cheap...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004

Or the cheaper 92mm version...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207006
djw746
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:33:37    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
I would say that if you have a stock cooler that you might be better off saving that $10 on the n520.

This one gets good reviews, and is rather cheap...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207004

Or the cheaper 92mm version...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835207006

both cost more than n520 with combo deal ($10 + $8 shipping), are you saying these (or any other) are better alternatives?

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:36:32    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I haven't used them, but I would have to think they are better. Frosty Tech and other sites that have reviewed them like them. What I was saying is that if you have a retail CPU, the stock cooler would be better than the N520 and then you'll have some beer money left!
djw746
Rated R

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:02:58    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

awesome, I appreciate the heavy handed advice (I am bull headed). Good to know where you rank that cooler (frosty ranks it fairly well and was actually what got me looking at it in the first place). I will probably hold off on buying a cooler til later and look for a less frustrating cooler.
unless I find a nice deal on the noctua listed above... Rolling Eyes

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:45:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I'd offer to sell you the N520 review sample, but that seems mean. And it would cost about as much to ship as a new one anyway. Laughing
djw746
Rated R

PostPosted: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:33:36    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Still waiting to receive mobo, but t200hd ordered for $160 (seems like an acceptable budget choice)
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: