Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Blue Screen of Death - need help
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatem
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:00:12    Post Subject: let me say Reply with quote View Single Post

the number one cuz of Blue Screen of Death is PC heate, the heate damage the RAM or HDD or the MB.
start with the RAM , try to change the RAM to another slot, or tray to put another one.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

motanacu
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 05:54:15    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

or test it with memtest, try to change the ram on single channel if you have it dual. then,if the ram is fine...try change the PSU, i had a almost same problem and it was the PSU causing it.
MadHacker
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:08:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

well from that problem it can be...
problem with harddrive,
bad sata cable
problem with MB controller(not likely)
problem with RAM
problem with sata drivers
U have a virus..

check for each one...
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:16:19    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am tryigng to get bit defender to do their job and support their product. I must say their customer service is horriable. I will be placing a call soon to complain.

I have not tried changing the RAM but I might if I get some free time this week. For now I have AVAST running to make sure I am protected.

Don't think I have a virus- ran AVAST and it did not find anything - however I am not sure if that means I am ok or if something could still be infected.
kryptonian_sher
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 22:07:16    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I know how it feels to have paid for a two year subscription, but for a year now, i can sleep soundly since i removed bitdefender and just had avast installed. No more BSOD for me. I also unplugged my memory modules and GENTLY scrubbed the gold pins with a pencil eraser to take out the tarnish and reinserted it to my motherboard. No more blue screens after that... hope it works for you too... good luck!
Asthetic
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:48:21    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

First thing you should do is scan the computer with a diferent antivirus. Then if that does not find anything try reinstalling the antivirus. That normally solves any issues you may be having. Also try going to some anti-virus site such as the Nortan Anti-Virus page, If it does not allow you to go to it you may have Conflickr. You cannot download the program to remove it from any 100% safe site so i suggest using a different computer and emailing it to yourself, or have a friend download the program that delets conflickr and email it to you.

Remember to scan your computer once a week!

~Jordon~

rowebil
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 09:39:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Boot up, close programs, then scan with BitDefender.
Then do the same but scan with a different AV.

If not, then it might be hardware related issue.

Best of luck
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

lnadon005
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 31 May 2009 09:13:35    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If all else fails, try rebooting into safemode with Network support, and run a virus scan. If bit defender is not able to run try an online scan, Trend Micro is very good. If it continues to blue screen in safe mode it is more likely hardware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: