Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Blue Screen of Death - need help
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 20:07:36    Post Subject: Blue Screen of Death - need help Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok so I am not sure what happened, what I did or what is going on but I have a problem.

My computer seems to run like normal, maybe a little slow but it starts and everything seems to work except I am not having an issue with my antivirus BitDefender.

Every time I go to run a virus scan after about 2mins of the program running I get the blue screen of death with the message as follows:

Problem caused by file: Ntfs.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (oxE156CE6E, 0x00000000, oxF731EBE0, 0x00000001)

Ntfs.sys – Address F731EBE0 base at F2F6000, DateStamp 48025be5

Looking for advice on what I should do. I would like to be able to run my antivirus... Especially with things like conficker out there...
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

sbrehm72255
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 23:54:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you're able to try and do a pre boot scan and see what it comes up with. If your software doesn't have that function, DL AVAST, Free Home Version and run it.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

~*77*~
Xenophobe

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:06:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yeah - I'd try something else, even if just temporarily.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:55:30    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

DO you guys think there is an issue with the regitry?

Is there anyhting else I can do?
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:10:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

May be a memory issue, but if it is just that program I would remove it and re-install. Or grab a free alternative like AVAST or AVG.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:41:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Yup I am tryign to uninstall and re-install bitdefender but it is not easy. Bit defender will not uninstall and I heard it is notourious for that. I am goign to keep trying but if anybody has any suggestions let me know.
jasno999
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 13:36:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Ok I was able to uninstall bitdefender and reinstall it and again I am getting the same blue screen with error message. I can take a picture of the actual screen and post it if that helps but I am looking for advice on what step to take next.

I mean I paid for a 2-year subscription to bitdefender so I would like to be able to actually do a full scan on my computer again. I will install a free virus scanner for now but I would like to figure out what is wrong and get it fixed.

Any ideas or directions on what I should do?
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:57:06    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

What is your memory configuration? How many MB/GB total... And how many modules? If it is multiple modules, maybe try removing one to see if that helps... If not, try removing a different module.

Could also try downloading an app called MemTest to see if your memory is OK.
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:39:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

If you have paid for it, get your money's worth and contact their support:

http://www.bitdefender.com/liveassistance.html
BeerCheeze
*hick*

PostPosted: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:45:39    Post Subject: Re: Blue Screen of Death - need help Reply with quote View Single Post

jasno999 wrote:
Looking for advice on what I should do. I would like to be able to run my antivirus... Especially with things like conficker out there...

Just to hopefully make you feel better (or possibly worse) as long as you applied the October 2008 Updates in a reasonable time you could not be infected with Conflickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: