Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Windows 7 RC1 and Reviews?
Opinions?
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:49:24    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Nah i think that the Xp mode could be good if you wanted to playh any older games, for me such as possibly medal of honor, or the like. But i do see it mainyl helpful for buisness.

The review was good, from what ive used 7 it seems faster and more reliable/customisable than Vista.

Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

gbronzer
Rated PG

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:55:50    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been running Win7 32-bit on my work dev box for 2 weeks, no issues. I really like the libraries feature. I can search all my code exclusively using it and have it ignore other files.

I've also been running Win7 64-bit on my game box. No real issues there either, only quirk is an issue with my Creative XiFi front panel not working, but I need to double check the cables since I was in my box recently.

So far I love it, a lot nicer than Vista but mostly for minor little reasons.
Hellfire
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:47:57    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

anerky99 wrote:
Nah i think that the Xp mode could be good if you wanted to playh any older games, for me such as possibly medal of honor, or the like. But i do see it mainyl helpful for buisness.

The review was good, from what ive used 7 it seems faster and more reliable/customisable than Vista.

Yea I can see that, especially for families that have multiple kids with educational softare. I have some friends that when they bought a new system this year they got Vista. Everything worked great, until they went to load the kids educational software from 5 years ago. Didn't like it Sad They were able to go out and buy the new version so it wasn't a big deal, but not everybody could or would want to go out and drop $200 on updated software.
anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:53:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

yeh thats a good point too, finally windows is including something that isnt forcing every man and his dog to have to upgrade all of their software and hardware Smile.
Definatly a plus for the new os lol. It seems to run on xp designed machines very well too which is good Smile.

Coolermaster HAF 932 II Coolermaster Real Power M1000 II Gigabyte EX58-UD5 II i7 920 @ 3.2Ghz II Corsair H100 CPU Cooler II 24gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz II 2x MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack SLI II Corsair F240 SSD II 2x3Tb Seagate (RAID0) II 1Tb Seagate 7200.12 II 1.5Tb Seagate 7200.11 II Pinoneer BluRay Writer
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:58:53    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Jason wrote:
I used Windows 7 64-Bit RC1 on a review already...

http://www.bigbruin.com/content/wdre2750_1

Didn't compare to other OSes, but it looked and worked just like Vista to me.

Maybe Win7 is more optimized for SSDs than Vista? Just my guess Smile
motanacu
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Wed, 20 May 2009 06:51:05    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Should be, unfortunately SSDs are too expensive still
street4242
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:59:22    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I've been using the release candidate at home and we've been testing it with the software my company makes and we haven't found any major problems at all yet.

As others have posted, older versions of Daemon tools have a problem installing on Win7, but they've got a new beta out that fixes the problems.

Other than that it seems like a definite improvement over Vista. Also it's very well geared towards netbooks, there's a good article on Gizmodo about how to install it on any netbook by using a 4gig or bigger flash drive and putting the image on it.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anerky99
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:59:04    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I have both the 32 and 64 bit rc files on my computer. I got them on the day that they were released but have only just got round to burning them. I am trying to upgrade my laptop fromn the beta to the rc and it wont work. I get to Install Now and it just loops. Anyone got any ideas about why it might do this. It also came up with lots of sector errors on the writing for it. Any one got ideas??
anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:43:00    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

@anerky-- maybe you have a bad burn? try downloading the image files again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: