Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Cooler Master Hyper N520
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anand_n
Rated PG

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:32:01    Post Subject: Cooler Master Hyper N520 Reply with quote View Single Post

I would like to know whether HyperN520 cooler is a good CPU cooler for Corei7. Will it give real good performance than Prolimatech Meghalam cooler.

Anand
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:34:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I wasn't overly impressed with the review sample...

http://www.bigbruin.com/2009/cmhypern520_1

It didn't even include i7 brackets to consider testing it that way, but based on LGA 775 testing, it is a mediocre cooler.
SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Sun, 10 May 2009 04:10:01    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Don't get HyperN520. There are better options out there. If you want to oc, go for the Hyper 620, it's bigger and performs better. Alternative, try the Noctua 120mm units.

The Megahalem actually received very good reviews so that would be the top choice if you already got it.
Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 13:52:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Right now it appears that the top three air coolers are the Thermalright IFX-14, The Prolimatech Megalahems, and the TRUE. There are a few others getting close, but nothing matches them yet.
SAMSAMHA
Rated NC-17

PostPosted: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:36:52    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

that's true, these 3 heatsink seem to be the best of the air cooling solution available. The Thermalright has been the leader fora long time now. it's nice to see someone who can compete with it.
slugbug
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:43:46    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I tested one of these coolers and would not recommend it for overclocking at all. My Q6600@3.OGHZ recorded load temps of 60c +, and this was in a cool basement.
SirMango
Rated PG

PostPosted: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:10:25    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Heatsinks enclosed in a plastic shroud that "direct" the airflow usually have bad performance cuz the shroud usually ends up trapping the heat.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

anonemus
Rated XXX

PostPosted: Mon, 18 May 2009 01:32:48    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

from various reviews I've read (including BB's), the N520 is a so-so cooler for a socket 775 proc. For an i7, I think it will do poorly...
daemon
Rated R

PostPosted: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:54:34    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I think this cooler is ok but not good. Its probably a good stock replacement and thats it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: