Bigbruin.com
Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
Low Profile Cooler recommendation
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:30:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Crisis wrote:
Looks like a nice cooler. The Scythe Shuriken is a more popular choice though.

Yes, but Newegg was out of the Scythe and the other websites selling it charge WAY too much shipping. The coolermaster had free shipping, so I am getting the whole thing for $22.99.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:54:18    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Okay, Temperature update.

Idle temps with the stock AMD cooler were 41c, I never was willing to get a true load temp with Orthos as I would stop the test after less than a minute with the cpu temp already hitting 56c.

With the new cooler Idle temps are 38c, but that isn't taking into account that ambient temps are 3 c warmer today than they have been. Load temps never get over 54c.

Overall, it's not a TRUE, but I didn't expect it to be. It does what I hoped.
burnin8r
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:11:23    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I would have went with something that had a bigger fan, but all things considered, it looks like a good choice (especially for under $25). Just curious, do you run your PSU fan side up or down ? I owned a LanboxLite and that option is the one thing that I miss now that everything has been transplanted into my SUGO. Well, that and drive covers =)
nolonger
Rated R

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 10:42:42    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

Seems like a great bang for the buck! Too bad they don't sell them here.
Templar
Rated PG-13

PostPosted: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:16:33    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

burnin8r wrote:
I would have went with something that had a bigger fan, but all things considered, it looks like a good choice (especially for under $25). Just curious, do you run your PSU fan side up or down ? I owned a LanboxLite and that option is the one thing that I miss now that everything has been transplanted into my SUGO. Well, that and drive covers =)

Well, on this one I am running a Thermaltake TR2 powersupply, which has a small fan on each end of the power supply instead of a top mounted. I actually plan on doing another build with a Lanbox Lite and will be putting the PSU fan mounted to the outside of the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Overclocking, Cooling, and Modding All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go To Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: