Home :: Reviews & Articles ::
Forum :: Info :: :: Facebook :: Youtube :: RSS Feed
Search  :: Register :: Log in
ThermoLab Baram CPU Cooler
http://www.bigbruin.com/2009/thermolabbaram_1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:13:20    Post Subject: ThermoLab Baram CPU Cooler Reply with quote View Single Post

The Baram made a strong first impression for ThermoLab and what they are capable of... I hope to see more products from them in the future. The cooler performed quite well during testing, and for those interested in running their system in near silence, the Baram will cooperate with temperatures that may be better than on some more popular (and louder) coolers.
Little Bruin
Boo Boo

Doctor Feelgood
Arrrrghh!

PostPosted: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:50:51    Post Subject: Reply with quote View Single Post

I spent about 99 cents and was able to fix the smell on this cooler. The manufacturer saw my comments after the review was published and said they were aware of an issue where machining oil had been used too long, gotten foul, and could have possibly stunk up the cooler.

So, I got two freezer style zipper bags and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. Put the cooler in one bag and poured the whole bottle of rubbing alcohol in. Sealed it up, and then placed that inside the other zipper bag and sealed that up... Just to be sure I didn't leak on to anything. I shook it up for a while, let it sit over night, and then shook it some more.

I opened the bag and let it air dry for a while, and then gave it a sniff. Smelled fine to me. Then I re-installed it, got it all nice and warm with a CPU, and gave the air out of the fan another sniff... Still fine.

No more locker room, cab driver, road kill odors! Nice!

Evil Banana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bigbruin.com Forum Index -> Cooling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: